Every year, Fredericksburg wineries host grape stomping events to celebrate the annual grape harvest season. Here are five tips on how to grape stomp like a pro as well as where to find grape stomps across Texas Wine Country.
Grape Stomping Tips
- Don't dress to impress. You're not going to the prom; you're smashing grapes with your feet in Texas Wine Country. For this winery visit, wear comfortable clothes that you don't mind getting grape juice on. Be sure to bring a pair of sandals or flip flops to change into once you have rinsed the grapes from your toes.
- Don't be afraid to get messy. Don't tiptoe, stomp! It will get messy but that is just part of the fun. Hulk-out on those grapes. Squish them between your toes. It's the adult, socially acceptable way to play with your food...or to jump in to puddles.
- Sip on some Texas wine. No, not the grape juice in the tub. Sip on some delicious Texas wine from a proper wine glass. The area offers everything from sweet whites to dry reds and everything in between. Fredericksburg is home to more than 50 different wineries. Enjoy the child-like fun while sipping on some great wine.
- Capture the moment. Stomping on grapes is a moment you will want to remember. Make memories with friends and family as you take turns making purple footprints on commemorative T-shirts. Be sure to share your photos on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook with the hashtags #FBGTX and #txwinecountry.
- Have fun! Above all, celebrate the grape harvest season by having fun! Don't miss out on all of Fredericksburg's wineries, attractions, restaurants, lodging and more!
Grape Harvest Events
Every August, the Texas Hill Country Wineries begin their harvest of the annual grape crop. So how does one celebrate this harvest season? By stomping on grapes.
- Grape Stomp at Texas Heritage Vineyards (July 24, July 31 and August 7)
- Grape Stomp at Barons Creek Vineyards (July 30-31, August 1)
- Grape Stomp at Barons Creek Vineyards (August 6-8)
- Harvest Tour at Pedernales Cellars (Sept. 3-6)
- Grape Stomp at Pedernales Cellars Sept. 4-5)
- Sunset Harvest Festival at Messina Hof Hill Country (Sept. 3)
- Daytime Harvest Festival at Messina Hof Hill Country (Sept. 4)
- 30th Fredericksburg Food & Wine Fest (Oct. 21-23)