Lyndon B. Johnson National Historical Park
Experience the ranch that Lyndon B. Johnson, 36th President of the United States, loved so much. The National Park Service operates the LBJ Ranch and offers public access to the LBJ Ranch, Texas White House, LBJ birthplace, Johnson family cemetery, old Junction School, LBJ’s grandparents’ home and the LBJ ranch show barn. In November 2021, the park was designated as an International Dark Sky Park, which recognizes the area's tremendous setting for stargazing.
Please note: The Texas White House, Hangar Visitor Center and Klein Maintenance Shop and Vehicle Display are closed for renovation until further notice, but tours are still available around the grounds of the LBJ Ranch. Visitors are encouraged to call ahead to verify availability and download the National Park Service app for more information.
- The park is open 9 AM – 5 PM daily. Gates close at 4:30 PM. Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's days.
- Be sure to stop first at the Lyndon B. Johnson State Park and Historic Site for a map and a free driving permit.
- The Texas White House, Hangar Visitor Center and Klein Maintenance Shop and Vehicle Display are closed for renovation until further notice, but tours are still available around the grounds of the LBJ Ranch.
- The LBJ Visitor Center at Johnson City District is a second park operated by the National Park Service and offers a Visitor Center with exhibits and films on LBJ and Lady Bird Johnson, the LBJ Boyhood Home, an education building, and the historic Johnson Settlement. The Visitor Center is open from 9 AM - 5 PM daily.
- Download the National Park Service's app, which will enhance your visit to the LBJ Ranch.