Press Visit Guidelines For Fredericksburg, TX
The Fredericksburg Convention & Visitor Bureau Communications team assists qualified members of the media with individual or group visits to the area.
Decisions regarding hosting are handled on an individual basis involving numerous factors such as story angle, media outlet, length of stay, season and available budget. To most effectively meet your needs as a journalist, please review the following guidelines and then contact us for more information on a possible visit to Fredericksburg - The Texas Hill Country:
- Contact the FCVB Communications Team with as much lead time as possible.
- Include a letter of assignment and/or the most recent version of the media kit from the media organization you represent and a description of your assigned story, including what you intend to cover and the date the story will be published or aired.
- Provide samples of previously published stories or links to posts. If you are a freelance journalist, this will be especially helpful in coordinating your visit. Based on the number of requests for press trip assistance, the FCVB makes every effort to provide due diligence to verify validity of media requests and credentials.
- Depending on the nature of the assignment and length of stay, FCVB can assist you with accommodations, suggested itineraries, passes to attractions and more. Please note that complimentary arrangements are provided through the discretion of host businesses and are subject to the availability and interest of each property and at the discretion of the FCVB.
- Due to consumer demand, the FCVB is typically unable to host journalists on weekends, while any visit during the spring and fall months and over the winter holidays may necessitate a press rate, especially for hotel accommodations and meals. Also, please note that complimentary accommodations include only room rate and tax, not incidentals such as phone charges, hotel bar tabs, or room service.
- Please understand that the primary concern of the FCVB is assisting working press. Host locations are not always able to accommodate spouses, children and guests accompanying working press.
- While complimentary meals may be requested, they are provided at the discretion of the host restaurant and at the discretion of the FCVB. Complimentary meals may exclude alcohol and will only be for one person, unless the host/FCVB wishes to extend the invitation to additional guests.
- FCVB does not provide transportation to our destination for individual media visits.
- Photos are available for editorial use only in Fredericksburg area articles. Please see our media resources page for more information.
- FCVB cannot guarantee assistance with each media press trip request. Requests are evaluated on an individual basis.
Again, thank you for your interest in Fredericksburg - The Texas Hill Country. We look forward to assisting you. Please contact the FCVB Communications team should you have any questions about these guidelines.