What others are saying about Fredericksburg.
2020 Accolade Highlights
Other 2020 Mentions:
- Fredericksburg honored as one of the "25 Small Towns That Are About to Become More Popular" by Reader's Digest in September 2020.
- Fredericksburg tabbed as a top Labor Day Weekend destination by Airbnb in September 2020.
- The Texas Hill Country voted the fifth “Best Wine Region” by USA Today 10 Best readers in August 2020.
- Fredericksburg voted as seventh “Best Small Town for Shopping” by USA Today 10Best readers in May 2020.
- Fredericksburg appeared on the “South's Best Small Towns” list Southern Living magazine in March 2020.
- Fredericksburg selected among the "Best Destinations for Baby Boomer Women" by AARP Travel in February 2020.
2019 Accolade Highlights
Other 2019 Mentions:
- Fredericksburg selected as the “Best Small Town in Texas to Visit During Fall” by OnlyInYourState.com in October 2019.
- The Texas Hill Country voted the ninth “Best Wine Region” by USA Today 10 Best readers in August 2019.
- Fredericksburg chosen as ninth “Best Small Town Food Scene” by USA Today 10Best readers in May 2019.
- Fredericksburg voted as eighth “Best Small Town for Shopping” by USA Today 10Best readers in May 2019.
- Fredericksburg tabbed as “Best Small Town” in Texas by Southern Living magazine in March 2019.
- Fredericksburg labeled as “one of our favorite getaways with dogs” by DogTripper.com in February 2019.
- The Texas Hill Country voted the sixth “Best Wine Region” by USA Today 10 Best readers in August 2018.
- Fredericksburg ranked No. 10 on the SMU’s National Center for Arts Research’s list of “Most Arts Vibrant Small Communities” in the United States in July 2018.
- Fredericksburg named “The Prettiest Town” in Texas by Architectural Digest in July 2018.
- Fredericksburg restaurant Cabernet Grill named one of “America’s 100 Best Wine Restaurants 2018” by Wine Enthusiast in June 2018.
- Fredericksburg voted No. 7 “Best Small Town for Shopping” by USA Today 10Best readers in May 2018.
- Fredericksburg tabbed as “Best Small Town” in Texas by Southern Living magazine in March 2018.
- Fredericksburg listed by CBS Miami in its list of “Best Vacation Destinations for American History Buffs” in February 2018.
- Fredericksburg was featured on “The Texas Hill Country” episode of Samantha Brown’s Places to Love show on PBS in February 2018.
- Fredericksburg was listed among Southern Living’s “The Best Small Towns for Christmas in the South” in November 2017.
- Fredericksburg’s Oktoberfest ranked #2 on TripSavvy’s “Top 8 Texas Oktoberfest Celebrations” in September 2017.
- The Texas Hill Country ranked #3 on Popsugar’s “12 of the Best Wine Destinations in the World” list in August 2017.
- Fredericksburg listed among TripAdvisor’s “Most Charming Southern Vacations You Need to Experience” in July 2017.
- Fredericksburg named to TripAdvisor’s “15 Best Honeymoon Destinations in the US according to TripAdvisor Reviewers” in July 2017.
- The Texas Hill Country named listed on Expedia’s “America’s Ultimate Wine Regions” list in June 2017.
- Fredericksburg was listed #5 on Aceable’s “Top 10 Small-Town Texas July Fourth Celebrations” in June 2017.
- Fredericksburg named in Cowboys and Indians Magazine’s “24 Things to Do in the West” in June 2017.
- Fredericksburg’s Main Street named by the Texas Chapter of the American Planning Association as a “2017 Great Places in Texas Designee” in June 2017.
- Fredericksburg ranked #7 on LendEdu’s “Best Places to Learn About History” list in April 2017.
- Fredericksburg was voted to #2 on Southern Living’s “The South’s Best Small Towns 2017” list in March 2017.
- Fredericksburg was listed in Country Living’s “40 American Towns You Haven’t Heard of But Should Visit ASAP” article in July 2016.
- Condé Nast Traveler listed Fredericksburg in their “10 Best Convertible Drives in the U.S.” article in May 2016.
- Fredericksburg was listed in House Beautiful’s “The 50 Best Small Towns for Antiques” article in May 2016.
- Fredericksburg was voted to #10 on USA Today’s 10Best “Best Small Town Food Scene” list in April 2016.
- Fredericksburg was listed in PureWow’s “Friendliest Towns in America” article in April 2016.
- Fredericksburg was listed in Refinery 29’s “26 Insanely Romantic Trips You’ll Never Forget” article in February 2016.
- The Buzz Magazines named Fredericksburg and Texas Wine Country a “powerhouse on the national wine scene” in their “Fredericksburg: A little bit of Napa in Texas” article in February 2016.
- Fredericksburg was listed in Country Living’s “America’s 20 Best Small Towns for Christmas” list in December 2015.
- Oktoberfest in Fredericksburg was voted to #7 on USA Today’s 10Best “Best Oktoberfest” list in September 2015.
- The Fredericksburg Brewing Company was listed as one of “17 Breweries That Will Change the Way You Think About Beer” by Vacations Made Easy in September 2015.
- Fredericksburg and the Texas Hill Country wine region was dubbed the “New Napa” by The Huffington Post Canada in July 2015.
- Fredericksburg was chosen as one of “11 Of America’s Best Small Towns, Perfect For A Long Weekend Trip” by The Huffington Post in July 2015.
- Travelers and fans voted Fredericksburg to the #10 spot on USA Today 10Best “Best Southern Small Town” list in May 2015.
- Travelers voted and ranked Fredericksburg at #9 on TripAdvisor’s “Hidden Gems: 13 US Towns That Are Diamonds in the Rough” article in April 2015.
- USA Today featured Fredericksburg in their “Fredericksburg: Art, History & Wine: Deep in the Heart of Texas” photo story in April 2015.
- Fredericksburg was chosen as one of “25 Best Small Town Honeymoon Destinations in the U.S.” by VacationIdea Magazine in March 2015.
- Fredericksburg, Texas ranked #2 on World Property Journal’s “My Top 10 Artsy American Towns” list in February of 2015.
- Fredericksburg ranked #3 on USA Today’s “10Best Dynamite Day Trips” list in January 2015.
- The Dallas Morning News featured Fredericksburg in their “Five wellness getaways” article in January 2015.
- Fredericksburg was featured in Yahoo Travel’s “You’ll Fall in Love with These Most Romantic Getaways” article in January 2015.
- Fredericksburg, Texas was named one of “6 of America’s most romantic small towns” by CNN Travel in November 2014.
- USA Weekend named Fredericksburg, Texas one of “10Best: Spots for antiquing” in September 2014.
- Southern Living featured Fredericksburg in the “Small Town We Love: Fredericksburg, Texas” article in June 2014.
- The Huffington Post featured Fredericksburg as one of “6 Small Towns to Visit This Summer” in June 2014.
- Fredericksburg was listed in USA Today’s “10 Best: Retirement Cities to Consider” List in June 2014.
- Fredericksburg and Luckenbach Texas were listed in Huffington Post’s “Forget SXSW, Here Are 8 Emerging Cultural Hot Spots You Need to Visit in Texas” article in March 2014.
- The Texas Hill Country was named to Travel & Leisure’s “America’s Most Romantic Winter Destinations” list in January 2014.
- The Texas Hill Country was named to the “10 Best Wine Destinations” list by USA Today in Spring 2014.
- The Texas Hill Country was named one of the “10 Best Wine Travel Destinations 2014” by Wine Enthusiast Magazine in Spring 2014.
- “Head to Fredericksburg, one of the Lone Star State’s most charming towns and the Hill Country’s unofficial capital of food and wine.” Wine Spectator Magazine
- “A museum of this quality, and importance, needs to be seen by many more.” The Wall Street Journal on the National Museum of the Pacific War
- USA Today lists the Texas Hill Country in “10 Great Places for Local Wines” and says, “With all the attention, the town of Fredericksburg has become a mini-Napa with fine restaurants, shopping and bed-and-breakfasts.”
- The New York Times listed the Texas Hill Country as the top place to go for the summer of 2008.
- Named by author Patricia Schultz in her popular book entitled 1,000 Places to See Before You Die.