Springtime will soon be arriving in Fredericksburg, Texas. Throughout the month of March, Fredericksburg has plenty of events and family-friendly activities planned.
Browse below for all the kid-friendly fun in the Texas Hill Country over the next month. If you need more information, head to the Visitor Information Center when you arrive in town for a free kid's activity book.
Insider Tip: As one of Fredericksburg's most popular attractions, Enchanted Rock State Natural Area requires advance reservations to enter. Reservations can be made up to 30 days in advance and often sell out during peak visitation times. Browse the Texas Parks & Wildlife Reservation System for the next available time.
- Daily through July 20: The National Museum of the Pacific War will have a special exhibit in the George H.W. Bush Gallery highlighting the life of Japanese teenagers during World War II. Artifacts showcase civilian life, home life, war work and civil defense. Free. Insider tip: The museum is typically closed on Tuesdays, but will be open on Tuesday, March 14.
- Monday through Saturday, March 13-18: Spring Break at the Pioneer Museum will feature living history reenactments including chuckwagon cooking, blacksmithing, tomahawk throwing, frontier living, husk and knot doll making, butter churching, music and storytelling.
- Friday through Sunday, March 17-19: Fredericksburg Trade Days. Shop with more than 350 vendors in seven barns and acres of antiques, collectibles, tools, crafts, ranch furniture, hunting accessories, clothing, jewelry, and more. Live music is also offered. The $5 parking fee is good for the entire weekend.
- March 17: Wyatt Earp Night at the Texas Ranger Heritage Center. This one-man show will portray Capt. Bill McDonald, a Texas Ranger. Program begins at 6 p.m.
- March 18: Hill Country Indian Artifact Show will be held at Lady Bird Johnson Municipal Park. Cost is $5 and children under 14 are free.
- March 18: Outpost: Gear Up! at the National Museum of the Pacific War will feature information on what was worn when troops hit the beaches in the Pacific. Free admission with six programs throughout the afternoon.
- March 23: The City of Fredericksburg will host the 4th Open House and Touch-A-Truck event at Marktplatz from 3:30-7 p.m. Learn about city projects and check out a variety of equipment.
- March 25: Outpost: Artillery at the National Museum of the Pacific War will teach you about the three pieces of light artillery that helped propel the United States to victory. Free admission with six programs throughout the afternoon.
- March 25: Lace up your shoes and participate in the Scallywompus Wanderlust Half Marathon, 10k or 5k. Event begins at 8 a.m. at Marktplatz.
- March 26: Wags and Wine at Texas Wine Collective. Bring your four-legged friend for an afternoon of wine, music and fun. This family-friendly event will run from 1-4 p.m. and will feature adoptable pets from the Hill Country SPCA.
- March 31-April 2: Texas Motorcycle Fandango will return to the Gillespie County Fair Grounds. Admission is $10 or free for kids under 12. Events include the swap meet, bike show and vintage races.