Springtime will soon be arriving in Fredericksburg, Texas. Throughout the month of March, Fredericksburg has plenty of events and family-friendly activities planned.
Browse below for all the kid-friendly fun in the Texas Hill Country over the next month. If you need more information, head to the Visitor Information Center when you arrive in town for a free kid's brochure.
Insider Tip: As one of Fredericksburg's most popular attractions, Enchanted Rock State Natural Area requires advance reservations to enter. Reservations can be made up to 30 days in advance and often sell out during peak visitation times. Browse the Texas Parks & Wildlife Reservation System for the next available time.
- Daily through March 20: From 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. daily the National Museum of the Pacific War will offer an activity book at the Bush Gallery that features an array of activities suitable for all ages from scavenger hunts to code-breaking that can be completed to win a prize. Book tickets in advance to guarantee admission. Insider tip: The museum is closed on Tuesdays.
- March 12: Pride in the Pacific at the National Museum of the Pacific War at 10:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. Hear the rattling of machine guns, feel the heat of a flamethrower and smell rifle powder during the Pride in the Pacific Program. This program features a battle reenactment. Two 30-minute programs are held. Insider tip: Tickets must be purchased online in advance.
- Monday through Saturday, March 14-19: Spring Break at the Pioneer Museum will feature living history reenactments including chuckwagon cooking, blacksmithing, tomahawk throwing, frontier living, husk and knot doll making, butter churching, music and storytelling.
- Thursday, March 17: As part of the 175th anniversary of Fredericksburg, a lecture titled "Comanches, Captives and Germans. The Art of Wilhelm Friedrich" will be held. Dr. Dan Gelo and Dr. Chris Wickham will give the presentation. No cost to attend. Program begins at 7 p.m. at the Gillespie County Historical Society Sanctuary Hall.
- Friday through Sunday, March 18-20: Fredericksburg Trade Days. Shop with more than 350 vendors in seven barns and acres of antiques, collectibles, tools, crafts, ranch furniture, hunting accessories, clothing, jewelry, and more. Live music is also offered. The $5 parking fee is good for the entire weekend.
- Saturday, March 19: Celebrate Texas! 2022 at the Texas Ranger Heritage Center. Join the Former Texas Rangers Foundation for Celebrate Texas! The family-friendly event will include historical events, cannon firing, firearm history, and Native American History. Learn about the history of the Texas Rangers and Native Americans in Gillespie County. The cost is $10 per carload.