Fredericksburg has a multitude of family-fun adventures. Check out these attractions in the Texas Hill Country, which will entertain the whole family this spring.
Photos at Wildseed FarmsBack to Top
- Photos at Wildseed Farms - Bring your camera or charge up your phone (and maybe a couple of disposable cameras for the kids) and explore the beautiful blooms out at Wildseed Farms! From bright red poppies to the ever-popular bluebonnet, there are acres of wildflowers and picture-perfect moments.
Insider tip: Remember, it is Mother Nature’s show. Bloom dates will vary – keep an eye on our wildflower page for the latest updates.
Two-Step at Luckenbach TexasBack to Top
2. Teach Them to Two-Step at Luckenbach Texas - Let’s face it, any kid who’s in, from, or visits Texas needs to learn how to Texas Two-Step. Made famous by Waylon, Willie and the Boys, Luckenbach Texas is the perfect spot for the whole family to dance. Enjoy live music 363 days of the year, let the kids play under the old oak trees or dance the night away in the dance hall during weekend shows.
Insider tip: Catch the daily picker’s circles at 1:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. beneath the ancient oak trees for some great local tunes.
Take in Some HistoryBack to Top
3. History Lessons… That Are Actually Fun! Fredericksburg is rich with history. Take the kids to the museums and historical spots, such as Pioneer Museum, National Museum of the Pacific War, Fort Martin Scott, Texas Rangers Heritage Center, or the Lyndon B. Johnson National Historical Park, as well as the Sauer-Beckmann Living History Farm at the Lyndon B. Johnson State Park and Historic Site.
Experience the rich German heritage of Gillespie County. This 3.5-acre museum complex contains...
The Admiral Nimitz Gallery, George Bush Gallery of the Pacific War, the Plaza of the Presidents,...
Take a self-guided walk at the site of a pre-Civil War (1848) military outpost to learn about one of...
Located adjacent to Historic Fort Martin Scott, the Texas Rangers Heritage Center includes the...
LBJ Ranch District The National Park Service operates the LBJ Ranch, which is an International Dark...
Pick StrawberriesBack to Top
4. Pick Your Own Strawberries - Pick-your-own produce isn't limited to just summertime peaches. Head to Jenschke Orchards and pick your own sweet, ripe strawberries this spring and show the kiddos where the fruits in the grocery store really come from!
Insider tip: Visit Jenschke Orchards on Facebook or call ahead at 830.997.8422 to check open times and picking conditions. Wear comfy clothes and arrive early – they will close when all the ripe berries have been picked!
Explore Enchanted RockBack to Top
5. Explore Enchanted Rock State Natural Area - The huge, pink granite dome is sure to impress both the young and the young at heart. Hike to the summit, go on a geocaching adventure and bring a picnic to enjoy. Designated as an International Dark Sky Park, Enchanted Rock is also perfect for stargazing. You’re sure to get another “wow” out of the kids when they gaze up at the multitude of stars they never even knew were there. Note: trails close 30 minutes after sunset – except the Loop Trail.
Insider Tip: Enchanted Rock State Natural Area typically sells out of day-use passes on weekends and holidays during the spring. As one of Fredericksburg's most popular attractions, advance reservations are strongly encouraged and can be made up to 30 days in advance. Browse the Texas Parks & Wildlife Reservation System for the next available time. Here are alternative outdoor activities, if Enchanted Rock is sold out.