Wildflowers flourish across the Texas Hill Country. The bluebonnets, Indian paintbrushes, red poppies, purple tansy, ox-eyed daises and wine cup flowers bloom throughout the spring and can be viewed on roadside fields and at Wildseed Farms.
2023 Wildflower Update As of December 13, 2022
The 2023 wildflower season will likely run from mid-March through mid-May, depending on rainfall and temperatures during the winter months. A more exact forecast can be expected at the beginning of February 2023.
Places to See Wildflowers
The arrival and location of wildflowers is not always an exact science. Weather as well as other factors play a part in when and where wildflowers will pop up each spring. Below is a look at some areas that generally have an abundance of color around Fredericksburg. The scenic drives to these locations can also provide breathtaking wildflower views. Insider tip: Be sure to respect the traffic laws and private property.
No matter when you visit, you are most likely to find something blooming at Wildseed Farms, the nation’s largest working wildflower farm located just outside Fredericksburg. You can walk the pathways that wind through the magnificent fields, find a perfect selection of wildflower seeds in the gift shop to make your own display at home, or sit and enjoy lunch at the café.
love Fredericksburg wildflowers
- Do not cross fences to take pictures or view wildflowers. Fences typically indicate private property area's where untamed animals and/or vulnerable crops are located.
- When viewing wildflowers, please park only in designated areas and do not hinder the flow of traffic.
- Please do not pick or damage wildflowers, so that others can enjoy their beauty.
- Do not litter. Trash hinders the growth and limits the beauty of wildflowers.
- Where wildflowers grow is also home wildlife, including snakes, bugs and stickers. Please use caution when enjoying wildflowers on foot.
Learn more ways to Love Fredericksburg at LoveFBGTX.com.