There's a reason Fredericksburg was featured in AAA Southern Traveler's "Hills That Can Heal" article. The town's natural beauty, spas, shopping and culinary scene lends itself to a "restorative vacation" in the Texas Hill Country.
Need a head start on refreshing your mind, body and spirit, here are some tips to make planning your wellness getaway a breeze:
- Book a stay in one of our more than 1,200 comfy and relaxing bed and breakfasts or guesthouses. Stay within walking distance of Main Street, or book a B&B out in the country where you can gaze at the stars and sleep in the peaceful quiet of the Texas Hill Country.
- Completely pamper yourself and get that much needed R&R by visiting one of our local spas. Get a massage, have a facial, get your nails done and maybe even do a little yoga – and bring your sweetheart for a couple’s retreat!
- Go for an invigorating hike at Enchanted Rock, work on your swing at Lady Bird Johnson Golf Course, or take a bike ride around town and the surrounding Hill Country to get your heart pumping and your feet moving. A little exercise outdoors is good for everyone!
- Feed your soul with some delicious eats at any of our more than 100 restaurants. From casual to fine dining, German to Tex-Mex to comfort foods, there's something to please every palate.
- Do a little retail therapy by browsing Fredericksburg's award-winning shopping on and around historic Main Street.
- Finish off your stay by visiting our historic sites and museums. Take your time as you learn and reflect on days gone and passed. Learn about history at your leisure, but be careful- there’s so much to see it could take more than one visit!