There’s plenty to be thankful for in Fredericksburg, so grab the kids and your relatives and head to the Texas Hill Country for a fun Thanksgiving getaway!
Weinachtszeit, or the Christmas season, is just beginning in Fredericksburg. Take a look at all the family-friendly fun:
- Start your visit by attending Fredericksburg's Christmas Nights of Lights. Starting Tuesday, Nov. 23 and running nightly through Thursday, Jan. 6, Fredericksburg's Marktplatz will transform into a holiday scene. At 6 p.m. each evening, enjoy a 10-minute audio program featuring history, carols and a lighting countdown. Holiday music begins at 5 p.m. and concludes at 6:30 p.m.
- Stop by the George H.W. Bush Gallery at the National Museum of the Pacific War to view a traveling art exhibit titled "Honor, Courage, Commitment: Marine Corps Art, 1975-2018". The show includes 36 works of art from 15 artists portraying the Marine Corps service. The exhibit is open during regular museum hours.
- Dance to live music from Dale Watson at Luckenbach's Thanksgiving Ball. Limited capacity.
- Get a start on your holiday shopping at Fredericksburg Trade Days Holiday Encore. Shoppers can browse seven barns with over 400 vendors who have the perfect gift for anyone on your list. And don't forget, the great shopping along Fredericksburg's historic Main Street.
- Shop until you drop at The Peddler Show where you will find three buildings of talented designers, artisans and craftsmen from all over the country.
- If skates are more your style, head to Marktplatz to enjoy outdoor ice skating at Eisbahn, which makes its annual debut the day after Thanksgiving, Friday, Nov. 26 (and runs through Sunday, Jan. 2, 2022). Race your friends and family around the rink, take a spin or two, or just try to keep your balance – no matter your skill level you’re bound to have a blast!
- Try your hand at holiday crafts and activities from the early 1900s at the Sauer-Beckmann Living History Farm on Saturday, Nov. 27. This “Deck the Halls” event at Lyndon B. Johnson State Park will feature edible ornaments, wreath and candle making, and more!
- Explore your creative side with an Art and Vino Painting Class on Saturday, Nov. 27. Paint, canvas, and brushes are provided to complete the featured artwork for the evening “Christmas Barn.”
- Take it easy and casually shop the more than 150 shops, boutiques, and art galleries in Fredericksburg. Catch up on your Christmas list while admiring the holiday décor that makes everyone smile with holiday cheer."
- Burn off that Thanksgiving turkey by running in the Turkey Trot 5k and 10k Run/Walks on Saturday, Nov. 27. Let the kids burn off some energy in the 1-mile fun run.
- Fill up your water bottles and hike the outdoors in Fredericksburg. Because Enchanted Rock is the most popular outdoor adventure in town, it can book up fast during the holiday week. Fredericksburg's beautiful autumn scenery and cooler temperatures make for an enjoyable adventure. Don’t forget your camera! Note: Even when Enchanted Rock State Natural Area is not at capacity, it is recommended that you reserve a spot. Make an advanced reservation up to 30 days in advance, here.
Discover more ideas for holiday fun in Fredericksburg.