There’s plenty to be thankful for in Fredericksburg, so grab the kids and your relatives and head to the Texas Hill Country for a fun Thanksgiving getaway!
See the Complete List
Enjoy Fredericksburg cuisine even on Turkey Day 2022. Find out which restaurants will be open on Thursday, Nov. 24.
Weinachtszeit, or the Christmas season, is just beginning in Fredericksburg. Take a look at all the family-friendly fun; there are plenty of events slated for the holiday week.
- Cross off your holiday shopping list at Fredericksburg Trade Days. A holiday encore will be Nov. 25-27. Shoppers can browse seven barns with over 350 vendors who have the perfect gift for anyone on your list. And don't forget, the great shopping along Fredericksburg's historic Main Street.
- Take the family for some time on the ice. Eisbahn has returned and runs through Jan. 1. Note that the rink will be closed on Thanksgiving Day.
- Attend Fredericksburg's Christmas Nights of Lights. Starting Tuesday, Nov. 22 and running nightly through Friday, Jan. 6, Fredericksburg's Marktplatz will transform into a holiday wonderland. At 6 p.m. each evening, enjoy a 10-minute audio program featuring history, carols and a lighting countdown. Holiday music begins at 5 p.m. and concludes at 6:30 p.m.
- Dance to live music from Dale Watson at Luckenbach's Thanksgiving Ball. Limited capacity.
- Shop until you drop at The Peddler Show where you will find three buildings of talented designers, artisans and craftsmen from all over the country.
- Try your hand at holiday crafts and activities from the early 1900s at the Sauer-Beckmann Living History Farm on Saturday, Nov. 26. This “Deck the Halls” event at Lyndon B. Johnson State Park will feature edible ornaments, wreath and candle making, and more.
- Take it easy and casually shop the more than 150 shops, boutiques, and art galleries in Fredericksburg. Catch up on your Christmas list while admiring the holiday décor that makes everyone smile with holiday cheer.
- Burn off that Thanksgiving turkey by running in the Turkey Trot 5k and 10k Run/Walks on Saturday, Nov. 26. Let the kids burn off some energy in the 1-mile fun run.
- Find funky art and unique gifts at the Purple Shack Makers Gallery Holiday Market Pop-Up. The event will also include glassblowing demonstration and food.
- Fill up your water bottles at the Visitor Information Center's new water filling station and hike the outdoors in Fredericksburg. Because Enchanted Rock is the most popular outdoor adventure in town, it can book up fast during the holiday week. Fredericksburg's beautiful autumn scenery and cooler temperatures make for an enjoyable adventure. Don’t forget your camera! Note: Even when Enchanted Rock State Natural Area is not at capacity, it is recommended that you reserve a spot. Make an advanced reservation up to 30 days in advance, here.
Please share your holiday adventures with us on Instagram and Twitter with the tag @visitfredtx or #fbgtx!
Discover more ideas for holiday fun in Fredericksburg.