Ring in 2022 in Fredericksburg with these great events around New Year’s Day in the Texas Hill Country.
- Countdown to 2022 at the New Year's Eve Countdown to 2022 at Marktplatz. Two free events will be held: one from 4-6 p.m. which features children's amusements, face paintings, dance, free activities and arts and crafts; later in the evening, the all-ages event from 9 p.m. to midnight, will feature live entertainment and conclude with a ball drop.
- Enjoy live music throughout Fredericksburg and the surrounding area on New Year's Eve and into 2022
- Ring in the New Year dancing to the sounds of a 1940s-style big band featuring Bill Smallwood and The Lonestar Swing Orchestra at the New Year's Eve Hangar Dance. Concessions will be available for purchase. A costume contest will be held for those wearing their best 1940s inspired outfits. Tickets are limited.
- Head to Hill Top Cafe's Dinner Concert, featuring Johnny Nicholas and Hell Bent. Early seating is at 5:30 p.m. with music at 6:30 p.m. and ending at 8:45 p.m. Late seating begins at 9 p.m. and the party lasts until the champagne runs out.
- Don't miss Fredericksburg's Christmas Nights of Lights with thousands of twinkling Christmas lights at the lighting of the German Christmas Pyramid and the Community Christmas Tree each evening at 6 p.m. at Marktplatz through Thursday, January 6.
- Lace-up your skates and head to Eisbahn Ice Skating, which will be open through Sunday, January 2.
- In general, most shops, restaurants and wineries will be open on New Year's Eve, while typically 50% of the businesses will be open on New Year's Day in Fredericksburg.
Not sure where to start with your planning? Check out these sample itineraries to help you plan your perfect trip.