October is Texas Wine Month and Fredericksburg is gearing up for all things vino. Here are some ways to celebrate during the month-long ode to wine in Texas Wine Country.
- Participate in the 2021 Texas Wine Month Passport. This self-guided wine trail explores more than 45 participating Texas Hill Country wineries and all they have to offer to celebrate Texas Wine Month. Enjoy full complimentary wine tastings (limit four per day) and special discounts. Tickets are limited, available online only, and are good all 31 days in October!
- Fredericksburg Food & Wine Fest will return for 2021. The event will feature the best of the Texas wine and culinary scene. Gourmet Texas chefs will have live demonstrations, guests can participate in the Gargantuan Grape Toss, listen to live entertainment and more. Special tickets are available for seated dinners, but must be purchased in advance.
- Take advantage of the season's cooler temperatures and explore the great outdoors. Fredericksburg has plenty of opportunities for hiking, biking, birding or just relaxing and enjoy the scenic Hill Country vistas.
- Book a holiday getaway to the Texas Hill Country. The Christmas season in Fredericksburg features must-see events, live music, shopping, holiday lights and decorations, ice skating, and of course great Texas wine.
- Tour Fredericksburg’s Urban Wine Trail. The historic Main Street in Fredericksburg has been called one of the most beautiful in the United States. It features over 150 shops and art galleries as well as restaurants and wine tasting rooms. Enjoy great wine without leaving town at these 11 establishments.
- Experience one of America’s Top 100 Wine Restaurants by having dinner at Cabernet Grill – Texas Wine Country Restaurant. Recognized by Wine Enthusiast magazine, Cabernet Grill specializes in preparing only the freshest seafood, Certified Angus Beef, wild game, and ranch fare. Executive Chef/Owner Ross Burtwell has defined Texas Hill Country cuisine in a casual and friendly atmosphere. Meanwhile, wine director Elizabeth Rodriguez has curated an all-Texas wine, which features more than 115 different Texas wines and stocks more than 1,200 bottles in inventory.
Find more information for planning a trip to Fredericksburg.