This historic marker home has been owned by only two families since it was built in the late l860s. The Baethge family built a three-room structure and attic. The clay bricks and log beams used in the original construction are displayed. The old "Rumpelkammer" (junkroom) is now a modern bathroom with a Jacuzzi. Before 1901 the rock portion of the home was added and is presently the open kitchen, dining, and living room. The Behrend family bought the house in 1937. They renovated the house to be used as a guest house, and the Behrend clan enjoys showing off the history so evident in the house, the outbuildings, and the heirlooms they have displayed. Entering the foyer, family heirlooms are apparent.