History & Heritage Events
- AUG 22 2019 Hill Country Antique Tractor & Engine Club Heritage Show Held in conjunction with the Gillespie County Fair, this show provides visitors a special glimpse of the good ol’ days. Many activities such as agricultural displays, tractor displays, engine displays, antique tractor pulls, sawmill, threshing and a working blacksmith shop will be open for your viewing pleasure. Our replica of a 1920’s farm house will […]
- AUG 23 2019 “The WWII Art of Private Charles J. Miller” Exhibit at the National Museum of the Pacific War This exhibition features the extraordinary and nearly forgotten paintings of World War II soldier/artist and New Hampshire native, Charles Miller. Curated by The Wright Museum of WWII in Wolfeboro, NH, this show presents paintings and drawings produced by Miller during his deployment in the Pacific Theater of WWII. Available for viewing during regular museum hours […]
- AUG 27 2019 111th Birthday Celebration for President Lyndon B. Johnson Make plans to join Lyndon B. Johnson National Historical Park and Lyndon B. Johnson State Park and Historic Site in celebrating the 111th anniversary of President Johnson’s birth. At 10:00 am on Monday, August 27, the National Park Service will host the annual wreath-laying ceremony at President Johnson’s gravesite on the LBJ Ranch. To view […]
This is simply a sampling of books that have been written about Fredericksburg, Gillespie County and the Texas Hill Country. Some titles are no longer in print.
- Old Home and Buildings of Fredericksburg Kowert, Elise. Fredericksburg, Texas: Fredericksburg Publishing Company, 1977.
- German Pioneers in Texas Biggers, Don H. Fredericksburg, Texas: Fredericksburg Publishing Company, 1925.
- Texas – Goal of German Emigration in the 19th Century. Rese, Beate. San Marcos, Texas: Smartworks, Inc., 1996.