History & Heritage Events
- NOV 03 2019 Herbstfest – A German Chorale Concert An evening of traditional German folk music including a sing-along presented by the historic Hermann Sons Mixed Choir and Arion Men’s Choir of Fredericksburg. Event to be held at the newly renovated, historic St. Joseph’s Halle. 6:30 pm Gemutlichkeit; 7 pm Concert. By donation.
- NOV 04 2019 “Gone But Not Forgotten” Exhibit at the Vereins Kirche While restoration and preservation have always been important in Gillespie County, things must also change. This exhibit uses Elise Kowert’s articles from the Fredericksburg Standard to highlight beloved buildings and homes that no longer stand. Free viewing at the Vereins Kirche during regular museum hours. 10 am to 4:30 pm daily; closed Wed and Sun.
- NOV 09 2019 Living History and Fundraising Event at Fort Martin Scott Nestled along Baron’s Creek at the eastern edge of Fredericksburg next to the Texas Rangers Heritage Center, Fort Martin Scott was the first U.S. military post to be established on the western frontier of Texas. Today it is an historical treasure listed on the National Register of Historic Places. From 10 am to 5 pm, see […]
This is simply a sampling of books that have been written about Fredericksburg, Gillespie County and the Texas Hill Country. Some titles are no longer in print.
- A Kid’s Guide to Exploring Lyndon B. Johnson National Historical Park Warren, Betsy. Tucson, Arizona: Arizona Lithographers, 2000.
- Old Home and Buildings of Fredericksburg Kowert, Elise. Fredericksburg, Texas: Fredericksburg Publishing Company, 1977.
- Fredericksburg, Texas — Living With the Past Watt, Don & Lynn. Fredericksburg, Texas: Shearer Publishing, 1987.