History & Heritage Events
- NOV 30 2019 “Deck the Halls” at Lyndon B Johnson State Park Deck the Halls with natural decorations! Help the Sauer-Beckmann Farm get ready for the holidays by stringing popcorn and decorating cookies to hang on our Christmas tree. Learn how make wreaths out of local cedar and dip your own candles so you too can get ready for Weihnachten (Christmas). This is the annual event that […]
- DEC 07 2019 Pearl Harbor Day Observance at the National Museum of the Pacific War Paying homage to those who served the United States on December 7, 1941. Complete with music, laying of a wreath, rifle detail and our keynote speaker National Park Service Director, Robert Stanton. At 12:25 pm in the Memorial Courtyard. Free admission to the program. In case of inclement weather, the program will be moved into the […]
- DEC 07 2019 A Ranger Christmas at the Texas Rangers Heritage Center Meet Cowboy Santa and enjoy Ranger Camp, wagon rides to Fort Martin Scott, cookies, hot chocolate and more! At the Texas Rangers Heritage Center. Sponsored by the Former Texas Rangers Foundation which serves current and former Texas Rangers, their families and their contributions to Texas history. 2 to 4:30 pm. Free parking and admission.
This is simply a sampling of books that have been written about Fredericksburg, Gillespie County and the Texas Hill Country. Some titles are no longer in print.
- Chester W. Nimitz, Admiral of the Hills. Casad, Dede W. and Driscoll, Frank A. Austin, Texas: Eakin Press, 1983.
- A Kid’s Guide to Exploring Lyndon B. Johnson National Historical Park Warren, Betsy. Tucson, Arizona: Arizona Lithographers, 2000.
- The Texas Hill Country— A Food and Wine Lover’s Paradise Thompson-Anderson, Terry. Fredericksburg, Texas: Shearer Publishing, 2008.