History & Heritage Events
- MAR 02 2019 Texas Independence Day Celebration in Luckenbach Texas Come out to Luckenbach and celebrate Texas Independence and view our Official Texas Flag Retirement Ceremony. The Old West Rangers reenactment group will retire the flag with honors at 1:30 pm. Come out and experience a real Texas tradition, by real Texans. There will also be a Texas Rangers memorabilia display, cannon fire and live music […]
- MAR 02 2019 Texas Independence Day/Texas Flag Retirement Ceremony at Texas Heritage Vineyards We will celebrate Texas Independence Day with food and Texas trivia. Flag Retirement Ceremony at 2 pm. 11 am to 6 pm. Free admission.
- MAR 06 2019 Historical and Architectural Walking Tour of Fredericksburg (Wednesdays) The Pioneer Museum continues its walking tour of Fredericksburg that will begin at the Schandua House at 111 E. Austin St. The tour time lasts approximately two hours. The tours will be guided by Fredericksburg natives and will cover areas not normally available to visitors. Learn about the origins of German immigration to Texas, hear […]
This is simply a sampling of books that have been written about Fredericksburg, Gillespie County and the Texas Hill Country. Some titles are no longer in print.
- The German Texans Lich, Glen E. San Antonio, Texas: The University of Texas Institute of Texan Cultures, 1981.
- Lyman Wight, The Wild Ram of the Mountain Wight, Jermy Benton. Star Valley, Wyoming: Afton Thrifty Print, 1997.
- Texas – Goal of German Emigration in the 19th Century. Rese, Beate. San Marcos, Texas: Smartworks, Inc., 1996.