History & Heritage Events
- APR 20 2019 Easter at the Sauer-Beckmann Living History Farm Prepare for Easter as a traditional 1915 German farm family would have. Explore the traditional Easter décor and baked goods of an early 20th-century German farmstead as we prepare for this holy day. Learn how to dye eggs with natural dyes, see the traditional Easter Lamb Cake, and make your own friendship card to share […]
- APR 20 2019 Nimitz Junior Corps “V for Victory! Gardens” at the National Museum of the Pacific War (Apr) Learn about rationing required during WWII and then plant your own Tabletop Victory Garden to take home! Nimitz Junior Corps is for children ages 8 to 12. Participation is limited to the first 15 registrants for each session. Pick up and drop off is at the Pacific Combat Zone. 1 to 3 pm. Free.
- APR 26 2019 Fredericksburg to Spring Branch Spring Trail Ride Annual trail ride from Fredericksburg to Spring Branch with stops in Luckenbach, Sisterdale and Kendalia. The ride leaves from the Gillespie County Fairgrounds in Fredericksburg on Saturday, April 27. Sign in begins at 5 pm on Friday, April 26. Price includes four catered evening meals Sat. – Tues. Please visit the Facebook page for more […]
This is simply a sampling of books that have been written about Fredericksburg, Gillespie County and the Texas Hill Country. Some titles are no longer in print.
- Texas Hill Country Miller, George Oxford. Stillwater, Minnesota: Voyageur Press, Inc., 1991.
- Old Home and Buildings of Fredericksburg Kowert, Elise. Fredericksburg, Texas: Fredericksburg Publishing Company, 1977.
- Claudia Taylor (Lady Bird) Johnson Horwitz, Margot F. New York, New York: Children’s Press, 1998.