History & Heritage Events
- MAY 25 2019 WWII Pacific Combat Program at the National Museum of the Pacific War (May) Enjoy an educational experience you won’t find anywhere else as presented in front of the new amphitheater seating followed by a battle reenactment set on an island somewhere in the Pacific during WWII. Hear the rattle of machine gun fire, the echoing blast of grenades and the searing heat of the flamethrower as the joint […]
- MAY 27 2019 Memorial Day Program at the National Museum of the Pacific War Join the National Museum of the Pacific War as they remember those who gave their lives for the freedoms we enjoy today. We are excited to welcome Eric D. Brown, Deputy Director, Texas State Veterans Cemeteries Program as our keynote speaker this year. This year the Navy Information Operation Command (NIOC) Choir from San Antonio […]
- JUN 04 2019 World War II to the Cold War Symposium at the National Museum of the Pacific War The National Center for Preservation Technology and Training and partners are bringing together professionals and enthusiasts in a three-day symposium to discuss state-of=the-science efforts to preserve the sites, features, objects, letters, photographs, machines and tools that represent military heritage. There will be presentations on a wide range of topics: preserving structures in military historic districts, […]
This is simply a sampling of books that have been written about Fredericksburg, Gillespie County and the Texas Hill Country. Some titles are no longer in print.
- The German Texans Lich, Glen E. San Antonio, Texas: The University of Texas Institute of Texan Cultures, 1981.
- Gillespie County – A View of Its Past Mohon, Monty and Michelle. Virginia Beach, Virginia: The Donning Company Publishers, 1996.
- Texas Hill Country Littlebook Reynolds, Richard. Englewood, Colorado: Westcliffe Publishers, Inc., 1996.