UPDATED: Friday, August 7, 2020 at 1:53 p.m. CT
Current Travel To Fredericksburg
Most shops, attractions and restaurants as well as hotels and B&Bs are open in Fredericksburg under the restrictions and guidelines found in The Governor's Report to Open Texas.
Bars and similar establishments such as the wineries of Texas Wine Country that receive more than 51% of their gross receipts from the sale of alcoholic beverages are open for delivery and take-out, including for alcoholic beverages, as authorized by the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission. Please confirm operation details with the individual winery or bar before visiting.
In all cases, visitors are encouraged to plan ahead and verify operations with individual businesses as reservations may be required. Masks are required in accordance with the governor's latest order.
Learn how the Fredericksburg Convention and Visitor Bureau is promoting a safe visitor experience for all with its "Protect FBG" campaign.
For other questions, chat with us on Facebook, email us here or call us at (830) 997-6523. The Fredericksburg Visitor Information Center has also reopened with health precautions and restrictions in place and updated hours.
Learn More About Fredericksburg Area Impacts
Restaurants | Shops | Wineries | Attractions | Events | Fresh Produce
Fredericksburg Shops Impacted
Retail locations are again welcoming customers. Here is the governor's checklist that must be followed by retail customers. If you are not able to visit Fredericksburg at this time, explore shops offering online sales or browse some of the shops that make the town such a popular shopping destination.
Unless listed below area shops are open.
- Sandy Jenkins Design
- Closed until further notice, but available for online orders or by phone at (830) 997-9863.
Fredericksburg Restaurants Impacted
Restaurants are again welcoming customers. Here is the governor's checklist that must be followed by restaurant customers. If you are not able to visit Fredericksburg at this time, support local restaurants by buying a gift card to use during a future visit. Below browse some of the restaurants that make Fredericksburg such a popular culinary destination.
UNLESS LISTED BELOW AREA restaurants are open for in-venue and/or to-go dining.
- Farm Haus Bistro at Fredericksburg Herb Farm
- Closed until further notice.
Attractions are again welcoming visitors. Here is the governor's checklist that must be followed by people visiting these locations. If you are not able to visit Fredericksburg at this time, you can experience some of the great attractions from home or browse some of the great spots to visit around the area below.
UNLESS LISTED BELOW AREA attractions are open in Fredericksburg.
- The Backyard Amphitheater
- No events scheduled until Sept. 5, 2020.
- Fritztown Cinema
- Closed, but slated to reopen in August 2020.
- Lyndon B. Johnson National Historical Park - Ranch Unit
- The LBJ Ranch Driving Tour, Johnson Settlement, and Boyhood Home Grounds are open. Visitor Centers and other facilities remain temporarily closed.
- Sauer-Beckmann Living History Farm
- Farm house yard is closed due to an ongoing renovation project.
Fredericksburg Area Wineries Impacted
Bars and similar establishments that receive more than 51% of their gross receipts from the sale of alcoholic beverages were required to close at NOON on Friday, June 26, 2020. These businesses may remain open for delivery and take-out, including for alcoholic beverages, as authorized by the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission. According to the TABC, this includes taprooms and tasting rooms at wineries, breweries and distilleries. Local wineries are able to remain open for take-out, delivery, curbside pickup and bottles-to-go. Please confirm operation details with individual wineries before visiting. If you are not able to visit Texas Wine Country at this time due to travel restrictions in your area, you can explore some of the great wineries to visit around the area below.
Fredericksburg Area Farms, Orchards and Fresh Produce Impacted
- Josh Abbott Band Concert at The Backyard Amphitheater
- Originally scheduled for April 4, 2020. New date is September 5, 2020.
- Jason Boland & The Stragglers Concert at Luckenbach Texas
- Originally scheduled for April 11, 2020. New date is August 28, 2020.
- Joe Nichols Concert at The Backyard Amphitheater
- Originally scheduled for June 27, 2020. New date is September 12, 2020.
- Dietzel Motel
- Closed until further notice.
- Open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. everyday. Senior hotline (833) 397-0080 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily.
- Natural Grocers
- From 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. on Wednesday and 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. on Sundays, shopping reserved exclusively for seniors, pregnant women and individuals with underlying medical conditions.
- Open from 7 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. daily.