UPDATED: Thursday, October 22, 2020 at 2:17 p.m. CT
Current Travel To Fredericksburg
Most shops, attractions and restaurants as well as hotels and B&Bs are open in Fredericksburg under the restrictions and guidelines found in The Governor's Report to Open Texas.
Recently, some bars and the wineries of Texas Wine Country have been approved by Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission to reopen as restaurants, which has expanded their ability to offer more options to visitors. Please confirm operation details with the individual winery or bar before visiting.
Masks are required in accordance with the governor's latest order.
Learn how the Fredericksburg Convention and Visitor Bureau is promoting a safe visitor experience for all with its "Protect FBG" campaign.
For other questions, chat with us on Facebook, email us here or call us at (830) 997-6523. The Fredericksburg Visitor Information Center has also reopened with health precautions and restrictions in place and updated hours.
Learn More About Fredericksburg Area Impacts
Restaurants | Shops | Wineries | Attractions | Events | Fresh Produce
Fredericksburg Shops Impacted
Retail locations are again welcoming customers. Here is the governor's checklist that must be followed by retail customers. If you are not able to visit Fredericksburg at this time, explore shops offering online sales or browse some of the shops that make the town such a popular shopping destination.
Unless listed below area shops are open.
- Magnolia Pearl
- Temporarily closed.
- Sandy Jenkins Design
- Closed until further notice, but available for online orders or by phone at (830) 997-9863.
Fredericksburg Restaurants Impacted
Restaurants are again welcoming customers. Here is the governor's checklist that must be followed by restaurant customers. If you are not able to visit Fredericksburg at this time, support local restaurants by buying a gift card to use during a future visit. Below browse some of the restaurants that make Fredericksburg such a popular culinary destination.
UNLESS LISTED BELOW AREA restaurants are open for in-venue and/or to-go dining.
- Farm Haus Bistro at Fredericksburg Herb Farm
- Closed until further notice.
Attractions are again welcoming visitors. Here is the governor's checklist that must be followed by people visiting these locations. If you are not able to visit Fredericksburg at this time, you can experience some of the great attractions from home or browse some of the great spots to visit around the area below.
UNLESS LISTED BELOW AREA attractions are open in Fredericksburg.
- The Backyard Amphitheater
- No events scheduled for the rest of 2020.
- Lyndon B. Johnson National Historical Park - Ranch Unit
- The LBJ Ranch Driving Tour, Johnson Settlement, and Boyhood Home Grounds are open. Visitor Centers and other facilities remain temporarily closed.
- Sauer-Beckmann Living History Farm
- Farm grounds and trails are open. However, all historic buildings are temporarily closed for ongoing maintenance, repairs and restoration.
Fredericksburg Area Wineries Impacted
Bars and similar establishments that receive more than 51% of their gross receipts from the sale of alcoholic beverages were required to close at NOON on Friday, June 26, 2020. These businesses may remain open for delivery and take-out, including for alcoholic beverages, as authorized by the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission.
According to the TABC, this includes taprooms and tasting rooms at wineries, breweries and distilleries. Local wineries are able to remain open for take-out, delivery, curbside pickup and bottles-to-go. Recently, some of these establishments have been approved by TABC to reopen as restaurants, which has expanded their ability to offer more options to visitors.
Please confirm operation details with the individual winery or bar before visiting. If you are not able to visit Texas Wine Country at this time due to travel restrictions in your area, you can explore some of the great wineries to visit around the area below.
Fredericksburg Area Farms, Orchards and Fresh Produce Impacted
Many of Fredericksburg's annual events have moved or have been cancelled for 2020. Find out which events are still happening for the rest of 2020 below.
- Dietzel Motel
- Closed until further notice.
- Open from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily. Senior hotline (833) 397-0080 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily.
- Natural Grocers
- From 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. on Wednesday and 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. on Sunday, shopping reserved exclusively for seniors, pregnant women and individuals with underlying medical conditions.
- Open from 7 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. daily. Each Tuesday, those age 60 and older can shop the store one hour before opening.