With a variety of things to do and Texas Hill Country charm, Fredericksburg is a top getaway for just about anyone looking to relax and reconnect.
1. No two Fredericksburg weddings are alike. With over 50 Texas Hill Country wedding venues, you can pick your style: intimate sunset vows at a vineyard, a classic celebration in the historic ballroom of the Nimitz Hotel, rustic “I do’s” under a 100-year-old oak tree or a family-only event at a romantic bed and breakfast.
2. Ideally located in the heart of Texas, not far from two international airports or anywhere in Texas for that matter — just a short, scenic drive 75 miles west of Austin and 65 miles northwest of San Antonio.
3. Fredericksburg's Wedding Pros will wow your guests. The area has a multitude of florists to design stunning arrangements, caterers to create delicious food and drinks, coordinators to handle all the details, bakers to build the picture-perfect cake and shops to supply wedding favor selections.
4. The variety of attractions in the area allows guests to enjoy a Hill Country getaway, arriving early and extending their stay to enjoy unique lodging, Texas Wine Country,150 stores, boutiques and art galleries along historic Main Street, live music scene and legendary dance halls, Enchanted Rock, fields of wildflowers in the spring, peach orchards in the summer, or holiday lights at Christmastime and Lyndon B. Johnson National Historical Park, the Sauer-Beckmann Living History Farm, the National Museum of the Pacific War or the Pioneer Museum.
5. Free assistance from the Fredericksburg Convention and Visitor Bureau. You will receive personalized service including itinerary assistance for guest activities, bid presentations for accommodations and venues, planning assistance - connecting you with local wedding professionals and free visitor information brochures.
Recently engaged? Start planning now for your “happily ever after” with our dedicated website for weddings.