Christmas is over. The cookies have all been eaten, Santa has come and gone, the presents have been opened. So… now what?! Head to Fredericksburg for a relaxing family-friendly getaway and ring in 2021 in the Texas Hill Country!
In 2020, it is best to plan ahead and confirm hours and operations prior to traveling to town. Social distancing is encouraged throughout your visit to Fredericksburg this holiday season, while the City of Fredericksburg has a supplemental order for face coverings in place through the end of 2020. Learn more about how you can do your part to "Protect FBG."
- A number of vacation rentals and guesthouses in Fredericksburg can host entire families and are a perfect way to spend time together- and still get out of the house!
- The kids may be home for Winter Break but no one will be sitting around with nothing to do. Spend the day visiting any of Fredericksburg's museums and historic sites!
- Santa didn’t leave you everything you dreamt of under the tree? Find all the treasures you didn’t get for Christmas and more at the more than 150 shops, boutiques and art galleries along Main Street.
- Get it before it’s gone! Enjoy a glass of Hoppy Holidaze from the Fredericksburg Brewing Company or a glass of Glühwein from the Fredericksburg Winery while you shop!
- 55 Nights of Fredericksburg Lights continues through Wednesday, Jan. 6. Legendary holiday decorations and lights are highlighted each evening with holiday music starting at 5:30 p.m. and a short lighting program at 6 p.m. Get an early start on next year's Christmas card photo by taking pictures on Marktplatz.
- The two weeks after Christmas is also your last chance to take a spin at Eisbahn, our outdoor ice skating rink at Marktplatz.
- And don’t miss all the great activities before the New Year’s celebrations!
- Want to relax and enjoy some patio weather with live music? Here's the live music schedule for the week after Christmas.
- Then get ready to ring in 2021 with dances, live music and more! Click here to find all the New Year's Eve activities in Fredericksburg.