Treat Mom to a great Mother's Day weekend in the Texas Hill Country. Mother's Day Weekend is May 7-9 and there are plenty of opportunities to spoil and spend time with mothers of all kinds.
Not able to be in Fredericksburg for that weekend? Book a future getaway and give it to mom as a gift, complete with spa treatments, shopping Main Street and tastings and tours of Fredericksburg's more than 50 wineries.
Here are some other great activities and ideas for making Mom feel special:
- Pamper your hard-working mom with a relaxing spa day, complete with a refreshing facial, therapeutic massage, mani/pedi, purifying sauna or even some rejuvenating yoga.
- Spend a day shopping Main Street, whether it be for relaxing retail therapy or just a great way to bond with mom while finding some unique treasures at our more than 150 shops and boutiques. And if you come the weekend after Mother’s Day, be sure to visit Fredericksburg Trade Days, Friday through Sunday, May 14 through 16.
- Female-owned brands will be on display for a backyard bazar Friday and Saturday, May 7-8 at La Bergerie. Brands such as Rorin, Oliver and Grace, and Queen Bee Beauty Food will be present along with rosé samplings, a body strength class, raffles and more.
- Can't make it to Fredericksburg to find that perfect gift? Check out the retailers in Fredericksburg that offer their goods online or purchase a gift card to support local and shop small.
- Enjoy a peaceful evening with mom and watch a fireworks celebration as Fredericksburg kicks off its year-long 175th Anniversary celebration on Friday, May 7.
- Browse through two special art exhibits celebrating Fredericksburg's 175th Anniversary. The Art of Fredericksburg: 175 Years will be held at George H.W. Bush Gallery at the National Museum of the Pacific War. Lee Ethel's Fredericksburg will be held at Appretiare Art Studio and includes a special opening presentation on Friday, May 7 from 5-7 p.m. Other area galleries will be celebrating First Friday Art Walk.
- Enjoy live music of all genres, including Kevin Fowler at The Backyard Amphitheater. A full list of live music events can be found here.
- Savor these special culinary Mother's Day events. On Sunday, May 9, take part in a Mother's Day Brunch at Messina Hof Hill Country, Mother's Day Roses and Rosé at Pedernales Cellars and Sunday Gospel Brunch at Hill Top Café. Many of these require or request reservations so book early!
- For some outdoor adventure, take part in the Texas Flower Country Women’s 5K/10K Run on Saturday, May 8, or explore Enchanted Rock State Natural Area. Be sure to make reservations in advance as spots fill fast!
Happy Mother’s Day!