Treat Mom to a great Mother's Day weekend in the Texas Hill Country. Mother's Day Weekend is May 6-8 and there are plenty of opportunities to spoil and spend time with your mom.
Not able to be in Fredericksburg for that weekend? Book a future getaway and give it to mom as a gift, complete with spa treatments, shopping Main Street and tastings and tours of Fredericksburg's more than 50 wineries.
Here are some great activities and ideas for making Mom feel special:
- Pamper your hard-working mom with a relaxing spa day, complete with a refreshing facial, therapeutic massage, mani/pedi, purifying sauna or even some rejuvenating yoga.
- Spend a day shopping Main Street, whether it be for relaxing retail therapy or just a great way to bond with mom while finding some unique treasures at our more than 150 shops and boutiques. And if you come later in May, be sure to visit Fredericksburg Trade Days, Friday through Sunday, May 20 through 22.
- Take a stroll down Main Street and view some of the area's best artwork at First Friday Art Walk. Galleries stay open late and often host special shows, receptions and demonstrations.
- Does Mom love motorcycles? Head over to the Hill Country Run Motorcycle Rally in Luckenbach Texas. Activities include special rides through the scenic Hill Country, a bike show, entertainment, barbecue and more.
- Visit Becker Vineyards for the 23rd Lavender Festival featuring tasting experiences, food trucks, a lavender market and live music. Note: Tickets must be purchased in advance.
- Treat mom to a Downton Abbey themed cooking demonstration at Das Peach Haus. Watch and learn how to prepare traditional English recipes. Space is limited.
The weekend will also conclude the celebration of Fredericksburg's 175th Anniversary. Learn more about special weekend events below.