Treat Mom to a great Mother's Day weekend in the Texas Hill Country. Mother's Day Weekend is May 12-14 and there are plenty of opportunities to spoil and spend time with your mom.
Not able to be in Fredericksburg for that weekend? Book a future getaway and give it to mom as a gift, complete with spa treatments, shopping Main Street and tastings and tours of Fredericksburg's more than 50 wineries.
Here are some great activities and ideas for making Mom feel special:
- Pamper your hard-working mom with a relaxing spa day, complete with a refreshing facial, therapeutic massage, mani/pedi, purifying sauna or even some rejuvenating yoga.
- Spend a day shopping Main Street, whether it be for relaxing retail therapy or just a great way to bond with mom while finding some unique treasures at our more than 150 shops and boutiques. And if you come later in May, be sure to visit Fredericksburg Trade Days, Friday through Sunday, May 19 through 21.
- Run or walk through the wildflowers and grapevines with mom at the Texas Flower Country Women's 5K & 10K Run at Wildseed Farms on May 13. Participants can enjoy the scenic grounds, champagne and mimosas, craft beer, a food truck meal, free massages, live music and shopping.
- Treat mom to a Mother's Day brunch at Becker Vineyards. Note: Tickets must be purchased in advance. Pedernales Cellars will celebrate Mother's Day with Roses and Rosé, including a rose for all moms and a special rosé by the glass to guests. Note: Reservations are required for tastings.
- See art in the making at Enchanted Fredericksburg Glassblowing's demonstration days on May 12 and 13, and view art by Hill Country artists at Fredericksburg Art Guild's "Artitudes" Art Show, May 11 through 14. For an interactive experience with mom, try an Art and Vino painting class. Note: Reservations are required. If you come earlier in the month, stroll down Main Street and view some of the area's best artwork at First Friday Art Walk on May 5. Galleries stay open late and often host special shows, receptions and demonstrations.