When the Easter Bunny visits the Texas Hill Country, he brings along several special events to Fredericksburg. If you are in town for the holiday weekend, here is a look at several ways to celebrate the occasion.
- The fields at Wildseed Farms should be bursting with color this Easter Weekend. The nation’s largest working wildflower farm is located just a few miles from downtown Fredericksburg and will provide the perfect place to take photos of fields of Texas bluebonnets, poppies, and other seasonal wildflowers. View an update on the 2021 wildflower season.
- Browse through participating art galleries on Friday, April 2 during First Friday Art Walk. Galleries stay open until 8 p.m. and often have visiting artists who provide demonstrations and receptions. Just look for galleries that are flying the First Friday Art Walk flag.
- Get fueled up for all the Easter egg huntin’ to come during the annual Fredericksburg Lions Club Pancake Breakfast at Marktplatz from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Saturday, April 3. For just $6, get all-you-can-eat pancakes and sausage along with orange juice and coffee.
- Redbud Artisan Market will be held on Saturday, April 3 at Marktplatz from 10 a.m.- 5 p.m. The market will feature handmade, original art from over 50 Texas artisans. Visitors will find pottery, woodworking, jewelry, glass art, metal art, paintings, stained glass, and more.
- The National Museum of the Pacific War will host a free, living history program focusing on Communications during World War II. The program will be held every half-hour from 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Saturday, April 3 in the Memorial Courtyard. There are no programs from noon- 1 p.m. Programs are 20-25 minutes long and include stories, artifacts, and a question and answer session.
- Head to the Easter Egg Hunt at the Pioneer Museum. There will be separate hunting areas appropriate for toddlers to 10-year-old children, so all will have a great time at this free event on Saturday, April 3, from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. The Easter Bunny will be on the grounds and will be available for photos. Cookies and lemonade will be served after the hunt. Special prizes will be given to those that find Golden Eggs.
- Featuring a wide variety of Native American artifacts from Texas and across the United States, the Hill Country Indian Artifact Show will return Saturday, April 3. Arrowheads, pottery, beads, cases, books and more will be on display from 8 a.m.-4 p.m. at Pioneer Pavilion at Lady Bird Johnson Municipal Park. Cost is $6 per person and children under 14 and under are free. Food is available for purchase.
- Enjoy Easter Sunday Brunch at Messina Hof Hill Country with a brunch buffet served from 11 a.m.-3 p.m.. Adults can enjoy Sparkling Brut Mimosas. The cost is $45 per person plus 20% gratuity. Reservations are required
- Join Hill Top Café for an Easter Gospel Brunch on Sunday, April 4, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Enjoy great music and great food at this historic venue. $20 per person cover charge.
- Round out your weekend with the Big Easter Egg Hunt in Luckenbach Texas on Sunday, April 4. This event is free. Live music will be performed throughout the afternoon.
For more information on the 2021 wildflower season, click here.
Restaurants Open on Easter Sunday
The Airport Diner is a classic 1940's one-of-a-kind creation built after considerable research into...
Backwoods BBQ is a locally-owned Texas Hill Country BBQ restaurant specializing in mesquite-cooked...
Attractions & Wineries Open on Easter Sunday
Pedernales Cellars is Texas' leading producer of authentic, handcrafted wines including benchmark...
Visit a living history farmstead and learn about seasonal activities such as sausage making, sheep...