For Immediate Release: Updated January 11, 2019
For More Information, Contact: Dennis E. Murphree Murphree & Company 713-655-8500 firstname.lastname@example.org
Amanda Koone, Director of Communications Fredericksburg Convention & Visitor Bureau 888-997-3600 or 830-997-6523 email@example.com
The Seven Hills Resort and Conference Center Planned in Fredericksburg, Texas
FREDERICKSBURG, Texas – Murphree & Company has announced plans are moving forward on their development of a $74.5 million project, The Seven Hills Resort and Conference Center in Fredericksburg, Texas.
The hotel and conference center project will be located on the west end of Fredericksburg on a 22 acre property at the intersection of US Highway 87 North and US Highway 290 West, bringing the first full-service hotel property to Fredericksburg.
The Seven Hills Resort and Conference Center is being developed by Houston-based Murphree and Company, with Austin-based The Beck Group overseeing design and construction. Hotel consulting is being handled by DP Consulting of Houston. The property will be flagged under the Curio Collection by Hilton and managed by The Woodlands-based hospitality management company, Benchmark Global Hospitality.
According to Murphree and Company Managing General Partner, Dennis Murphree, “This project has been a pleasure from the beginning. City leadership has worked with us in true partnership to create something of immense value to Fredericksburg and the Texas Hill Country. Our hope is to design and build a project that looks like it has always been a part of the Fredericksburg landscape.”
The Seven Hills Resort and Conference Center details:
- $74.5 million total project cost (including approximately $60 million construction cost)
- 150 room, full service hotel
- 17,500 square feet of useable conference center space
- Rooftop bar
- Outdoor amphitheater
- Two acre park
- Restoration of the historic Klingelhoefer House
- Ten new “Sunday Houses”
- Retail and restaurant village
- Curio Collection by Hilton
- staffed & managed by Benchmark Global Hospitality
The Seven Hills Resort and Conference Center will aim to attract mid-week corporate and association groups who cannot currently be accommodated in Fredericksburg based on their meeting requirements. The focus will be on on groups of 200-300 attendees.
According to Fredericksburg Convention and Visitor Bureau President/CEO, Ernie Loeffler, “The Seven Hills Resort and Conference Center will significantly strengthen the group-market appeal of Fredericksburg based on room count under one roof, level of service, amenities, and the amount of meeting and event space. The project will also be attractive to the leisure travel market as a full-service hotel – a market niche currently missing in Fredericksburg.”
Other development team members are:
- DP Consulting – hotel consultant
- Campbell Landscape Architecture – landscaping
- Dunaway Associates – civil engineering
- Montgomery Roth Architecture & Interior Design – public space and room designs
- H3D Hospitality Design – food and beverage concepts
- Carr Development – retail leasing agent