5 Ways to Celebrate Texas Wine Month this October SEP 20 2019
October is Texas Wine Month and Fredericksburg is gearing up for all things vino. Here are five ways to celebrate during the month-long ode to wine in Texas Wine Country.
- Participate in the 2019 Texas Wine Month Passport. This 20th annual self-guided wine trail, exploring what the 48 participating Texas Hill Country wineries have to offer to celebrate Texas Wine Month. Enjoy full complimentary wine tastings (limit four per day) and special discounts. Tickets are limited, available online only and are good all 31 days in October!
- Attend the 2019 Fredericksburg Food & Wine Fest. The perfect end to October is Fredericksburg’s annual celebration of all things food and wine in Texas. Find cooking demonstrations, wine from all over the state as well as live entertainment, the Great Gargantuan Grape Toss and more on Marktplatz.
- Book a holiday getaway to the Texas Hill Country. The 2019 Christmas and Holiday Guide features all the must-see events of the holiday season in Fredericksburg. Enjoy live music, shopping, holiday light and decorations, ice skating and of course great Texas wine.
- Tour Fredericksburg’s Urban Wine Trail. The historic Main Street in Fredericksburg has been called one of the most-beautiful in the United States. It features over 150 shops and art galleries as well as restaurants and wine tasting rooms. Enjoy great wine without leaving town at these 11 establishments.
- Experience one of America’s Top 100 Wine Restaurants by having dinner at Cabernet Grill – Texas Wine Country Restaurant. Recently recognized by Wine Enthusiast magazine, Cabernet Grill specializes in preparing only the freshest seafood, Certified Angus Beef, wild game and ranch fare. Executive Chef/Owner Ross Burtwell has defined Texas Hill Country cuisine in a casual and friendly atmosphere. Meanwhile, wine director Elizabeth Rodriguez has curated an all an all-Texas wine, which features more than 115 different Texas wines and stocks more than 1,200 bottles in inventory.
For more information on planning a trip to Fredericksburg, click here.