Insider Tips: Oktoberfest 2019 AUG 12 2019
During this three day celebration of oompah music, German eats and drinks, and German heritage, there is plenty to see and do. Here are six tips on making the most of your Oktoberfest experience:
- Plan ahead and book early. Oktoberfest in Fredericksburg is arguably the biggest festival in our little German town – and the hotels and guesthouses in the Fredericksburg area fill up quickly. Avoid scrambling for somewhere to stay by booking your lodging as far in advance as possible. For a searchable list of lodging options (including all hotels, motels, cabins, guesthouses, B&Bs and inns) in Fredericksburg and Gillespie County, click here.
- Get your tickets in advance. Online ticket sales will continue through noon on Friday, September 20. Meanwhile, a ticket booth at Marktplatz will be open at noon on Friday, October 4 for advance ticket sales and information. The less time you have to wait standing in line, the more time there is for chicken dancing, beer drinking and potato pancake eating!
- Utilize the Oktoberfest Park & Ride. The Fredericksburg Oktoberfest Park & Ride offers convenient parking by providing festival-goers with all-day park and ride access. Park at the Gillespie County Fairgrounds at 530 Fair Drive, hop on the bus, enjoy the ride and hop off at Marktplatz for hassle-free Oktoberfest fun. For Park & Ride tickets and more information, click here.
- Park at the Visitor Information Center. Did you know that there’s a free parking lot behind the Visitor Information Center at 302 East Austin Street? Main Street parking fills up fast during big events like Oktoberfest, but the parking lot behind the Visitor Information Center is a hidden gem, and only a few blocks from Marktplatz. After you park, stop by the Visitor Information Center and tell us “hi!” We’re happy to provide tips on making your Oktoberfest experience excellent.
- Keep your phone charged! You’ll be having a ton of fun you’ll never want to forget, so don’t forget to keep your phone close by for pictures. And if you’re willing to share, we’d love to see your photos too. Share your photos with us on Instagram and Twitter, tagging @visitfredtx or using #fbgtx and #OktoberfestFBG.
- Find a place for your puppy. Pets are not allowed on Marktplatz during Oktoberfest, so you will need to find a suitable option for your pets while you partake in the fun. Luckily, Fredericksburg has many pet-friendly lodging options and even more pet kennels.
For a full list of events during October in Fredericksburg click here.