Tips for Grape Stomping Like a Pro JUL 22 2019
Each year Fredericksburg wineries host grape stomping events to celebrate their annual grape harvest. Before heading to a grape stomp this season, here are 5 tips for stomping grapes like a pro.
- Wear appropriate clothing. You’re not going to prom; you’re smashing fruit with your feet in Texas Wine Country. For this winery visit, skip the cute dress and wear comfy clothes that you don’t mind getting grape juice on. Don’t forget a pair of sandals or flip-flops to change in to after you’ve rinsed the grapes from your toes.
- Don’t be afraid to get messy! Don’t tiptoe around- you’re STOMPING grapes! It’s going to get messy, but the mess is part of the fun. Do a little jig in the tub. (Just be careful not to slip!) Hulk-out on those grapes. Squish them between your toes. It’s the adult, socially acceptable version of playing with your food… or jumping in puddles.
- Sip some Texas wine. No, not the grape juice in the tub. Instead sip some deliciously cool, bottled Texas Hill Country wine from a proper wine glass. You can be classy while enjoying the child-like fun of stomping grapes.
- Don’t forget to capture the moment. This is an experience you’ll want to document. You’ll never forget the look on your kids’ faces when you LET them get messy. Make some memories with your friends or family as you take turns making purple footprints on commemorative T-shirts. Don’t forget to share your photos with us on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook with the hashtag #FBGTX.
- Have fun! Above everything else, celebrate the harvest season by having some good old fashioned fun!
Start planning your Texas Wine Country grape stomp adventure by clicking here.