2019 Grape Stomp Season is Here! JUL 19 2019
As August nears it means the end of summer- and the beginning of the grape harvest in Fredericksburg! Each August many of the Texas Hill Country wineries begin the harvest of their annual grape crop. With abundant rain in the spring, many growers are hoping for a plentiful crop in 2019.
So how does one celebrate the Texas Wine Country grape harvest? By spending a few days in Fredericksburg and attending a grape stomp, then enjoying a week of wine, shopping and culinary adventures!
A mechanical press is now used in the commercial production of wine, but stomping grapes is an age-old tradition dating back to the ancient Romans, who made their wine by stomping on grapes to extract the juice, beginning the fermentation process and eventually developing into wine.
Grape stomp festivities are fun for the entire family and Fredericksburg has plenty of grape stomp opportunities throughout the end of the summer, including
- Grape Stomp at Barons Creek Vineyards (July 27 & 28)
- Grape Stomp at Barons Creek Vineyards (August 3 & 4)
- Grape Stomp at Pedernales Cellars (August 17 & 18)
- Grape Stomp at Fat Ass Ranch & Winery (August 19 & August 26)
- Harvest Festival at Messina Hof Hill Country: Sunset Harvest (August 23)
- Harvest Festival at Messina Hof Hill Country: Daytime Harvest (August 24)
- 23rd Annual Grape Stomp at Becker Vineyards (August 24 & 25)
- Grape Stomp at Pedernales Cellars (August 24 & 25)
- 23rd Annual Grape Stomp at Becker Vineyards (August 31 & September 1)
- Grape Stomp at Chisholm Trail Winery (August 31)
For a full lineup of upcoming wine events in Fredericksburg, such as Grape Stomps and harvest celebrations, click here.