Memorial Day Weekend in Fredericksburg APR 25 2019
Fredericksburg is a great Memorial Day weekend getaway – not only is it peach season, but area wineries are debuting some of their newest wines.
Make memories with your family in Fredericksburg at some of these fun events:
- Shop local farms and vendors at the Fredericksburg Summer Farmers Market on Thursday, May 23. Find local fruits, vegetables, meats, Gulf seafood, cheese, bread and wine, locally-roasted coffee drinks and wood-fired pizza, then relax at the picnic tables to listen to live music while enjoying your purchases.
- Chow down at the Fredericksburg Crawfish Festival on Friday, May 24, through Sunday, May 26, at Marktplatz, our town square. Celebrate with great food, beverages, live entertainment, including Rick Trevino and Casey Donahew, and more inspired by the Creole region.
- Dance the night away with big band music and swing dance lessons at the 1940’s themed USO Style Memorial Day Hangar Dance on Saturday, May 25.
- Enjoy live music with Seven Bridges – The Ultimate Eagles Experience at Rockbox Theater on Friday and Saturday, May 24 and 25, or catch William Clark Green playing at The Backyard Amphitheater on Friday, May 24.
- Come and see the newly renovated Pacific Combat Zone and learn firsthand what it was like during WWII specifically in the Pacific Theater. The WWII Pacific Combat Program at the National Museum of the Pacific War runs twice a day on Saturday and Sunday, May 25 and 26. Grab some tickets and see history come to life.
- Don’t miss the Memorial Day Observance at the National Museum of the Pacific War on Monday, May 27, to honor those who have lost their lives serving in the United States Armed Forces. Patriotic music, a presentation of colors, rifle salute and a keynote speech will all be part of the ceremony. Attend the Memorial Day Ceremony at the Gillespie County Courthouse, which will include a reading of names of those Veterans who were killed in action or as a result of service on active duty and are listed on the War Memorial Monument on Monday, May 27.
- Head to 1851 Vineyards for a Memorial Day Picnic on Monday, May 27.
- Experience a family-friendly event with the Ice Cream Social at Luckenbach Texas on Monday, May 27.
For a full lineup of Memorial Day weekend events in Fredericksburg, click here.