Easter Activities Abound in Fredericksburg, Texas APR 02 2019
When the Easter Bunny visits the Texas Hill Country, he brings along several special events to Fredericksburg. If you are in town for the holiday weekend, here is a look at nine ways to celebrate the occasion.
- The fields at Wildseed Farms should be bursting with color this Easter Weekend. The nation’s largest working wildflower farm is located just a few miles from downtown Fredericksburg and will provide the perfect place to take photos of fields of Texas bluebonnets, poppies and other seasonal wildflowers.
- Holy Ghost Lutheran Church will offer its Passion of Christ Drive-Thru on Friday, April 19, from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Get fueled up for all the Easter egg huntin’ to come during the annual Fredericksburg Lions Club Pancake Breakfast at Marktplatz from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, April 20. For just $6, get all-you-can-eat pancakes and sausage along with orange juice and coffee.
- Head to the Easter Egg Hunt at the Pioneer Museum. There will be separate hunting areas appropriate for toddlers to 10-year-old children, so all will have a great time at this free event on Saturday, April 20, from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Experience Easter the way a traditional 1915 German family would have during Easter at the Sauer-Beckmann Living History Farm on Saturday, April 20, from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. This free event will allow children of all ages to see how eggs are dyed naturally and how to make a grass Easter nest along. Park visitors should stop first at the Lyndon B. Johnson State Park Visitor Center to obtain a free park permit, map and visitor event information.
- Become a master cookie decorator during the Easter Cookie Decorating Class at Das Peach Haus on Saturday, April 20, at 2:00 p.m. Pastry Chef Victoria McLure will help you learn to outline and decorate cookies and how to make delicious cookie icing. Every student will leave with a dozen decorated cookies and a cookie cutter.
- Attend the Easter Cantata at Bethany Lutheran Church to hear the Easter story in word and song presented by the Bethany Chancel Choir on Saturday, April 20, at 3:00 p.m.
- Join Hill Top Café for an Easter Gospel Brunch on Sunday, April 21, from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Enjoy great music and great food at this historic venue.
- Round out your weekend with the Big Easter Egg Hunt in Luckenbach Texas on Sunday, April 21. There will be Easter egg hunts starting at 1:00 p.m., live music at 2:00 p.m. by the Chris Saucedo Band and games and prizes at 3:00 p.m.
For more ideas for your spring getaway to Fredericksburg, click here.