An Artful April in Fredericksburg, Texas MAR 27 2019
The month of April is the perfect time to visit Fredericksburg for an artfully inspirational getaway in the Texas Hill Country. Enjoy exploring Fredericksburg — wildflowers, art galleries, live music and a film festival.
- The award-winning Fredericksburg Theater Company will present “Bus Stop” on weekends from Thursday, April 11 through Sunday, April 28.
- The Rockbox Theater will feature three shows during the month including a solo acoustical performance by Billy Dean, a salute to American Bandstand, and a show by country superstar Jamie O’Neal.
- For a special art experience, schedule a private or semi-private “Art and Vino” session at the Yellow Door Studio or attend one of their four Saturday evening painting classes during April.
- Country music stars, Jon Wolfe and David Nail, come to The Backyard Amphitheater, on Friday, April 5 and 12, respectively. Meanwhile, Dennis Quaid and The Sharks will be in town on Saturday, April 27.
- The Western Music Festival with Ryan Bingham comes to Luckenbach Texas on April 12 and 13. This inaugural event will see performances across two stages with Ryan Bingham, Old 97’s, Jamestown Revival, Colter Wall, The Wild Feathers, Jesse Dayton, Jai Malano, and The Americans.
- Experience the Van der Stucken Music Festival on Saturday, April 13. This year’s program will be held at the Fredericksburg United Methodist Church and will feature the Angelo State Symphony Orchestra and the Fredericksburg Community Orchestra. There will also be selections by the German Choirs of Fredericksburg under the direction of Alice Langehennig.
- On Sunday, April 14, the Fredericksburg Music Club will present The UT Austin Trombone Choir at the Fredericksburg United Methodist Church.
- Attend the Fredericksburg High School Jazz Festival, which will showcase the Fredericksburg High School Jazz Ensemble and some special guests on Saturday, April 13.
- Experience the 10th Annual Hill Country Film Festival, which kicks off on Thursday, April 25, and brings four days of independent film screenings, discussion panels, filmmaker Q&A sessions and festival parties to Fredericksburg.
- Close out the month with a free PCAA Concert in the Park on Sunday, April 28, at Marktplatz.
For more information on booking an April trip to Fredericksburg, go to VisitFredericksburgTX.com.