7 April Events Showcase Mother Nature’s Show MAR 22 2019
Mother Nature paints the countryside with color during the springtime in the Texas Hill Country. This April, enjoy special events that bring opportunities to enjoy the natural beauty of the Texas Hill Country.
- Sip Texas wine and enjoy beautiful scenery during the two-week long Texas Hill Country Wineries “Wine & Wildflower Journey,” Friday, March 29, through Sunday, April 14.
- Run under blue Texas skies and along Texas scenic country roads during the Outlaw Half Marathon and 5K in Luckenbach Texas on Saturday, April 6. Afterward, enjoy a cold one under the old oak trees and listen to some live Texas tunes.
- Meanwhile, the Wanderlust Half Marathon, 10K and 5K will take place in the heart of Fredericksburg and out to the famous Crabapple Road, which has great views and rolling hills in one large loop on Saturday, April 6.
- Experience a Wine & Wildflower Brunch at 4.0 Cellars on Saturday, April 13. Celebrate the changing of the seasons with delicious food, tasty 4.0 wines and live music.
- Enjoy a picnic lunch, view the beautiful Texas Hill Country, and admire the wildflowers from atop a tractor or from the “people hauler” on Saturday, April 13, during the 14th Annual Bluebonnet Tractor Ride.
- Celebrate the arrival of springtime during this nearly month long celebration by exploring the butterfly gardens and walking trails at the nation’s largest working wildflower farm, Wildseed Farms, during their Wildflower Celebration from Saturday, April 6, through Sunday, April 21.
- Lace up your running shoes and enjoy the scenery along the way during the Fredericksburg Wildflower 5K & 10K Run/Walk on Saturday, April 27, beginning and ending downtown at Marktplatz. A children’s fun run will also be available for kids 12 and younger.
And that’s just the beginning of the springtime events scheduled in Fredericksburg and Gillespie County. For a full lineup of spring events, visit www.VisitFredericksburgTX.com/plan/events/.