5 Tips For Enjoying Texas Hill Country Wildflowers MAR 07 2019
1. Plan a mid-week trip. It’s no secret that the Texas Hill Country is a great place to see wildflowers, like the beloved Texas bluebonnet, each spring. Avoid the crowds and plan a mid-week trip to Fredericksburg. You’ll spend more time enjoying nature and less time waiting in line at a winery, restaurant or museum.
2. Book accommodations early. For the same reason as tip No. 1, it’s important to book your accommodations early. Wildflower season is popular and lodging tends to book up quickly. Rest assured, Fredericksburg is home to more than 1,200 B&B and guesthouse units, as well as a number of hotel and motel options. Click here for a searchable database of guesthouses, inns, hotels, and more.
3. Remember: It’s Mother Nature’s Show. Texas Hill Country wildflowers are on Mother Nature’s schedule and subject to weather conditions, so they can be tough to predict. Have no fear, the nation’s largest working wildflower farm, Wildseed Farms, is located just a few miles from downtown Fredericksburg, so you’re nearly guaranteed to see colorful blooms of some variety starting around the last week of March.
4. Keep an eye on our Facebook & Instagram page for updates. As mentioned in tip No. 3, it’s hard to predict exactly when the Texas Hill Country wildflowers will make their 2019 debut in Fredericksburg. Stay up to date on bloom progress and catch a sneak peek at budding blooms on our Facebook page or Instagram.
5. Make sure to keep your phone fully charged. There will be photo opportunities. Lots and lots of photo opportunities. Make sure to bring an extra battery pack, so you won’t miss a single “Kodak moment” during wildflower season in Fredericksburg and the Texas Hill Country! A friendly reminder, please respect private property and do not cross fence lines to get that perfect photo. And we would love to see your photos! Share them on Instagram and Twitter with #FBGTX!
For more fun ideas for your next Texas Hill Country getaway, visit www.VisitFredericksburgTX.com/plan/events.