Head to Fred for Spring Break 2019! FEB 13 2019
Fredericksburg, Texas is gearing up for a month-long celebration of Spring! Beginning Friday, March 8, Fredericksburg will be hopping with family-friendly Spring Break activities and excitement.
- Saturday, March 9, through Sunday, March 24, the Lyndon B. Johnson National Historical Park will hold special educational programs at 1:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. each day. Spring Break at the LBJ Ranch 2019 will offer park visitors opportunities to further explore and discover the park’s historic resources and delve deeper into the story of the 36th President and the LBJ Ranch.
- Monday, March 11, through Friday, March 15, experience Spring Break at the National Museum of the Pacific War. Each day from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Full STEAM Ahead will provide a hands-on science and craft time where families can explore the innovations and contributions of America’s Greatest Generation in a safe and fun environment. Experiments and activities are come-and-go style so spend as much or as little time with us as you have.
- Monday, March 11, through Saturday, March 16, enjoy family-friendly, hands-on history fun during the Pioneer Museum’s week-long Spring Break celebration. Enjoy historic crafts, activities and demonstrations – from making rope, to making a knot doll, to stories of the past with costumed reenactors.
- Wednesday, March 13, explore LBJ State Park & Historic Site with a Historic Artifact ID Game. Join the Archeology Lab from Texas Parks and Wildlife, which brings a fun, interactive artifact experience. Check out genuine items recovered from state park digs while using your skills to identify what they found. Milking 101 will also be offered daily at 9:00 a.m.
- Friday through Sunday, March 15 through 17, Fredericksburg Trade Days returns with more than 400 vendors and acres of shopping adventures. Along with great eats and live music, it’s a treasure hunt the whole family can enjoy!
- Children ages 8 to 12 can join the National Museum of the Pacific War for Nimitz Junior Corps “V for Victory! Gardens” event on Saturday, March 16.
- Saturday, March 16, Celebrate Texas! at the Texas Rangers Heritage Center. Enjoy historical re-enactments and cannon firing, cowboy poetry and entertainment. Food and craft vendor booths will be on site.
- Saturday, March 16, pull on your cowboy boots for the Luckenbach Texas Mud Dauber Chili Cook-Off. Enter the Chili cook-off or buy a chili tasting kit before dancing to live music.
And that’s just the beginning – for a complete lineup of Spring Break events, click here.