Explore one of “America’s most romantic small towns” JAN 03 2019
With more than 45 wineries and tasting rooms, tons of restaurants and cozy guesthouses and B&Bs, it’s no surprise that Fredericksburg was noted one of “6 of America’s Most Romantic Small Towns” by CNN Travel.
So how can you wow the one you love in one of America’s most romantic small towns?
- Secure romantic lodging in one of Gastehaus Schmidt‘s guesthouses or B&Bs, as mentioned by CNN, or at any of the more than 1,200 B&Bs, guesthouses, inns, or even hotels and motels here in Fredericksburg. For a searchable list of Fredericksburg’s unique lodging options, click here.
- Book a wine tour with one of our local wine tour companies and spend time exploring Texas Hill Country wineries with the one you love. Take a hint from CNN and plan a stop at Becker Vineyards – it even makes for a great proposal spot!
- Stop at Wildseed Farms on your way back into town and stroll hand-in-hand among the beautiful fields of wildflowers. Not wildflower season? Grab seeds to plant at your home next spring.
- Visit one of our local chocolatiers, Fredericksburg Fudge, Chocolat or Chocolates El Rey, for a sweet treat. A box of special liquor-filled or truffle chocolates is sure to put a smile on your sweetheart’s face.
- Make dinner reservations at any of our local establishments to wrap up your romantic evening. For example, enjoy a romantic date night at the renowned Cabernet Grill, which, as CNN mentions, boasts “the largest Texas wine list.”
For more tips on planning a romantic getaway to Fredericksburg, click here.