Top 5 Reasons to Have Your Destination Wedding in Fredericksburg, Texas JAN 01 2019
Fredericksburg is consistently ranked as one of the top destinations in the state. Long known as a romantic escape, the Fredericksburg area—with its German history and Texas Hill Country charm—make for memorable weddings. Both for you. And your guests.
- You can have your dream wedding in Fredericksburg like those featured in magazines and on wedding blogs: Fredericksburg weddings have been featured on theknot.com and stylemepretty.com and are anything but ordinary.
- No two Fredericksburg weddings are alike. We have a variety of unique venues. For instance:
- Intimate sunset nuptials at a vineyard
- Magnificent affairs in Gothic cathedrals
- Vows at an estate that overlooks Enchanted Rock
- A classic celebration in the historic ballroom of the Nimitz Hotel
- Rustic “I do’s” under a 100-year-old oak tree
- Weddings at romantic bed and breakfasts or a 1940s-inspired “hangar”
- Local service providers—your partners in “romance”—will awe your guests, and leave them describing your wedding breathlessly anniversaries from now:
- Stunning floral arrangements
- Divine cuisine
- A delicious sculpture too creative to be simply called “cake”
- Unique overnight accommodations for every budget, including romantic (and secluded) bed and breakfasts for your first night as Mr. & Mrs.
- Wedding favor selections that are singularly Texas Hill Country—wine accessories, peach or lavender products, gourmet chocolates, Fredericksburg fudge, etc.
- Ideally located in the heart of Texas, not far from two international airports—just a short, scenic drive 75 miles west of Austin and 65 miles northwest of San Antonio
- The variety of attractions in the area allows guests to enjoy a Hill Country getaway, arriving early and extending their stay to:
- Visit the wineries, vineyards and tasting rooms of Texas Wine Country
- Shop 150 boutiques and more than 10 art galleries along historic Main Street
- Enjoy Fredericksburg’s live music scene and legendary dance halls
- Bask in the outdoors at natural wonders such as Enchanted Rock year round, fields of wildflowers in the spring, peach orchards in the summer, vineyards in the fall or enjoy holiday lights at Christmastime
- Experience history at the Lyndon B. Johnson National Historical Park, the Sauer-Beckmann Living History Farm, the National Museum of the Pacific War or the Pioneer Museum
Bonus: Free assistance from the Fredericksburg Convention and Visitor Bureau. You will benefit from personalized service including:
- Itinerary assistance for side activities
- Bid presentations for accommodations and venues
- Planning assistance, connecting you with local wedding planning services
- Free visitor information brochures
Recently engaged? Start planning now for your “happily ever after” with our dedicated weddings website.