5 Ways to Ring in the New Year in Fredericksburg NOV 28 2018
Ring in 2019 in Fredericksburg with these great events around New Year’s Day in the Texas Hill Country.
- Celebrate by attending the “Farewell to 2018” Elvis Tribute Show at Rockbox Theater on Friday, December 28, at 8:00 p.m. and Saturday, December 29, at 4:00 p.m. Donny Edwards’ Tribute to Elvis honors the man and his music with attention to detail and a voice that exceeds expectation! This show crosses all generations and will be a great way to spend some of your holiday season.
- Attend the inaugural New Year’s Hot Air Balloon Festival & Polo Match on Saturday, December 29. The day will include a morning launch and evening glows and tethered rides. Not just about the balloons, Saturday will also include live music, a wine tasting tent, a Battle of the Chefs tasting competition, polo matches and a kids play area!
- Dance the night away on Monday, December 31, at the at the 1940’s USO Style New Year’s Eve Hangar Dance (SOLD OUT) – featuring big band music by Bill Smallwood & The Lone Star Swing Orchestra – at the Hanger Hotel at 8:00 p.m.; at the New Year’s Eve Dance in Luckenbach Texas enjoy the music of the Almost Patsy Cline Band; or at the Turner Club New Year’s Eve Dance, with live music by The Wagon Aces – at the Gillespie County Fairgrounds at 8:30 p.m.
- Join the City of Fredericksburg during its Countdown to 2019 at Marktplatz on Monday, December 31. There will be a family event from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. and then an all-ages event from 10:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. The evening will feature live music and a ball drop at 6:00 p.m. and midnight.
- Foodies and oenophiles can find a great way to ring in the New Year as well. Join Otto’s German Bistro for a unique five-course menu with seatings at 5:30 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. on Monday, December 31. Enjoy delicious eats, great company and live music at the New Year’s Eve at Hill Top Café with seatings at 5:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. Head to Woodrose Winery for a New Year’s Eve Celebration Dinner on Monday, December 31, at 7:00 p.m. with a multi-course meal, fireworks and wine. Sip some wine and dance to a DJ at the New Year’s Eve Party at Messina Hof Hill Country at 9:00 p.m. Ring in the New Year at The Stable Cocktail Bar, from 4:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. on Monday, December 31, and enjoy party favors, carving stations, oyster bar, passed hors d’oeuvres, full open bar and complimentary champagne toast at midnight!
For more ideas on how to ring in the New Year, and for getaway tips for 2019, visit www.VisitFredericksburgTX.com.