- DEC 26 2013 Zweite Weihnachten 2013 “Second Christmas”, the German tradition of good food, drink, music and fellowship with friends hosted by the Fredericksburg German Club. Try a traditional baked Stollen or a glass of warm Gluhwein. At the Gillespie County Historical Society Social Hall. 2 to 5 pm. Free.
- DEC 31 2013 Memorial Volkssport Walk 2013 AVA sanctioned 5K or 10K event – walk for credit or just for fun through residential neighborhoods. Starting location is St. Joseph’s Halle. All walkers must be finished and off the route by 5 pm. Register and begin the walk from 11 am to 2 pm. $3 per walker. Additional donations appreciated.
- DEC 31 2013 Midnight Volkssport Walk 2013 Walk for credit or just for fun! Meet at historic St. Joseph’s Halle between 11 pm and midnight to enjoy a 5K or 10K walk . Refreshments including wine, cheese and sweets will be served before the walk. Walk starts promptly at midnight to ring in the New Year. The guided 10K trek will take walkers [...]
This is simply a sampling of books that have been written about Fredericksburg, Gillespie County and the Texas Hill Country. Some titles are no longer in print.
- Gillespie County – A View of Its Past Mohon, Monty and Michelle. Virginia Beach, Virginia: The Donning Company Publishers, 1996.
- Chester W. Nimitz, Admiral of the Hills. Casad, Dede W. and Driscoll, Frank A. Austin, Texas: Eakin Press, 1983.
- Texas Hill Country Littlebook Reynolds, Richard. Englewood, Colorado: Westcliffe Publishers, Inc., 1996.