- JUL 21 2013 Gillespie County Vor (Practice) SchuetzenFest Old time German target shooting competition. Spectators are welcome! Barbecue, hamburgers and drinks will be available for sale. At the Bear Creek Shooting Range on the Center Point Road. 9 am to 5 pm.
- AUG 03 2013 Gillespie County Bundes SchuetzenFest Old time German target shooting competition. At the Bear Creek Shooting Range. Spectators welcome! Saturday 1 to 5 pm; Sunday 9 am to 5 pm.
- OCT 12 2013 Historic Schools Open House (Albert, Junction, Nebgen) The Williams Creek (Albert) Historic School, the Junction Historic School and the Nebgen Historic School are located on the year round Gillespie County Rural Schools Trail. The “Schools” on the “Trail” are on the National Register of Historic Places. Former students and community people will be available to share school stories from the past. Preserving [...]
This is simply a sampling of books that have been written about Fredericksburg, Gillespie County and the Texas Hill Country. Some titles are no longer in print.
- Pioneers in God’s Hills (Volume II) Gillespie County Historical Society. Austin, Texas: Boeckmann-Jones, 1974.
- Texas Hill Country Miller, George Oxford. Stillwater, Minnesota: Voyageur Press, Inc., 1991.
- Chester W. Nimitz, Admiral of the Hills. Casad, Dede W. and Driscoll, Frank A. Austin, Texas: Eakin Press, 1983.
Night in Old Fredericksburg is turning 50 this year - don't miss its golden birthday to be celebrated July 19-20! Complete with children’s entertainment, German and Texas music, domino tournament, arts and crafts plus plenty of great food and drinks.
Plan for your Fourth of July in Fredericksburg. See our list of patriotic activities, including parades, flyovers, concerts, festivals and fireworks.
Inwood Estates Winery & Bistro has opened its tasting room at 10303 East Hwy. 290 in Fredericksburg. The bistro portion will open in two weeks. For more information, call (830) 997-2304.