- OCT 03 2014 Oktoberfest 2014 Oompah at its best! When summer ends and fall begins the cool air of October arrives, and so does Oktoberfest. For three full days, the world is invited to sing, toast and dance at one of Fredericksburg’s favorite fests. Celebrate 34 years of Texas gemutlichkeit with sizzling bratwurst, four stages of entertainment, arts and crafts, [...]
- NOV 29 2014 Frontier Day at Fort Martin Scott This annual event features living history re-enactors, pioneer crafts, chuckwagon food, old-west shootouts, Native Americans, storytellers, musicians and hands-on activities for the kids. There’s something for the entire family! 10 am to 4 pm. Free admission.
This is simply a sampling of books that have been written about Fredericksburg, Gillespie County and the Texas Hill Country. Some titles are no longer in print.
- Old Home and Buildings of Fredericksburg Kowert, Elise. Fredericksburg, Texas: Fredericksburg Publishing Company, 1977.
- Fredericksburg, Texas — Living With the Past Watt, Don & Lynn. Fredericksburg, Texas: Shearer Publishing, 1987.
- Gillespie County – A View of Its Past Mohon, Monty and Michelle. Virginia Beach, Virginia: The Donning Company Publishers, 1996.