- MAR 13 2014 Texas History Days at Fort Martin Scott This three-day event is co-produced by the Friends of Fort Martin Scott and the Former Texas Rangers as a Spring Break experience for children, utilizing continuous programs which are rooted in Texas history and character education. Activities include living history re-enactors, pioneer crafts, demonstrations and games, live music, storytelling, Native Americans, shootouts and chuck wagons. [...]
- APR 27 2014 Gillespie County Benefit SchuetzenFest Target shooting competition. To be held at the Bear Creek Shooting Range. Spectators welcome. 9 am to 6 pm.
- MAY 10 2014 Founders Day Celebration at the Pioneer Museum Wreath laying at the Vereins Kirche at 9:30 am followed by activities at the Pioneer Museum with founding family exhibits, food, music and historical demonstrations and interpretations on the museum grounds. 9:30 am to 5 pm. Regular museum admission is $5 adults; $3 students; children 5 and under are free.
This is simply a sampling of books that have been written about Fredericksburg, Gillespie County and the Texas Hill Country. Some titles are no longer in print.
- Texas – Goal of German Emigration in the 19th Century. Rese, Beate. San Marcos, Texas: Smartworks, Inc., 1996.
- A Kid’s Guide to Exploring Lyndon B. Johnson National Historical Park Warren, Betsy. Tucson, Arizona: Arizona Lithographers, 2000.
- Pioneers in God’s Hills (Volume II) Gillespie County Historical Society. Austin, Texas: Boeckmann-Jones, 1974.
Spring Break Reminder! Enchanted Rock limits the numbers of people in the park to protect its fragile resources. When parking lots are full the park will close for up to two hours, sometimes as early as 11 a.m.
The Texas Hill Country was just named one of the "10 Best Wine Travel Destinations" by Wine Enthusiast Magazine!
Woo each other all over again in our scenic little town in the Texas Hill Country. Find romance in Fredericksburg.