History & Heritage Events
- AUG 23 2018 Hill Country Antique Tractor & Engine Club Heritage Show Held in conjunction with the Gillespie County Fair, this show provides visitors a special glimpse of the good ol’ days. Many activities such as agricultural displays, tractor displays, engine displays, antique tractor pulls, and a working blacksmith shop will be open for your viewing pleasure. Our replica of a 1920’s farm house will also be […]
- AUG 25 2018 Texas Flag Retirement Ceremony at Texas Heritage Vineyard (Aug) To honor our Texas flag, Texas Heritage Vineyard will host a Texas Flag Retirement Ceremony, a very moving ceremony that reminds us all why we are proud to be Texans. 4 pm. Free event.
- AUG 27 2018 110th Birthday Celebration for President Lyndon B. Johnson Make plans to join Lyndon B. Johnson National Historical Park and Lyndon B. Johnson State Park and Historic Site in celebrating the 110th anniversary of President Johnson’s birth. At 10:00 am on Monday, August 27, the National Park Service will host the annual wreath-laying ceremony at President Johnson’s gravesite on the LBJ Ranch. The ceremony […]
This is simply a sampling of books that have been written about Fredericksburg, Gillespie County and the Texas Hill Country. Some titles are no longer in print.
- A Kid’s Guide to Exploring Lyndon B. Johnson National Historical Park Warren, Betsy. Tucson, Arizona: Arizona Lithographers, 2000.
- German Pioneers in Texas Biggers, Don H. Fredericksburg, Texas: Fredericksburg Publishing Company, 1925.
- Pioneers in God’s Hills Gillespie County Historical Society. Austin, Texas: Eakin Publications, Inc., 1960.