History & Heritage Events
- MAY 30 2016 Memorial Day Observance at the National Museum of the Pacific War The National Museum of the Pacific War’s Memorial Day Observance, to honor all of those who have lost their lives serving in the United States Armed Forces. Patriotic music, presentation of colors, rifle salute, and guest keynote speaker, Dennis Blocker, will be a part of the ceremony. To be held in the Memorial Courtyard. 10 […]
- JUN 11 2016 31st Annual Antique Tractor & Engine Club Show Tractors will roll into the Gillespie County Fair Grounds for the 31st Annual Hill Country Antique Tractor and Gas Engine Club Show. Among the events scheduled will be tractor displays, engine displays, blacksmithing, tractor pulls, agricultural machinery demonstrations such as thrashing wheat and baling straw and several different corn processing demonstrations. An antique tractor parade […]
- JUN 14 2016 Nimitz Junior Corps at the National Museum of the Pacific War (June) Kid friendly activities where participants get a hands on learning experience. This session will recognize Flag Day and teach the importance of flags and how to make Victory Pins. Space is limited. To register, please call or email Stefanie Lebens at firstname.lastname@example.org 10 am. $5 per person.
This is simply a sampling of books that have been written about Fredericksburg, Gillespie County and the Texas Hill Country. Some titles are no longer in print.
- The Texas Hill Country— A Food and Wine Lover’s Paradise Thompson-Anderson, Terry. Fredericksburg, Texas: Shearer Publishing, 2008.
- Easter Fires Wade, Mary Dodson. Austin, Texas: Eakin Press, 1984.
- Jacob Brodbeck Reached for the Sky in Texas Tatsch, Anita. Fredericksburg, Texas: Dietel & Son Printing, 1986.