History & Heritage Events
- MAR 02 2018 The Original Texas Star Trail Ride from Fredericksburg Annual trail ride from Fredericksburg to Blanco, Texas, with stops in Luckenbach, Stonewall and Johnson City. Please visit the website for more information on how to participate. Spectators welcome!
- MAR 03 2018 Texas Independence Day Celebration in Luckenbach Texas Come out to Luckenbach and celebrate Texas Independence and view our Official Texas Flag Retirement Ceremony with Former Texas Rangers. Entertainment provided by K. R. Woods and Doug Moreland. History thru Music. Noon to 5 pm. Free.
- MAR 03 2018 Spring Break Ranger Programs at the LBJ National Historical Park Lyndon B. Johnson National Historical Park has announced that additional programming will be offered to visitors from March 3 through March 18 at the LBJ Ranch. Spring Break at the LBJ Ranch 2018 will offer park visitors opportunities to further explore and discover the park’s historic resources and delve deeper into the story of the 36th […]
This is simply a sampling of books that have been written about Fredericksburg, Gillespie County and the Texas Hill Country. Some titles are no longer in print.
- A Kid’s Guide to Exploring Lyndon B. Johnson National Historical Park Warren, Betsy. Tucson, Arizona: Arizona Lithographers, 2000.
- Easter Fires Wade, Mary Dodson. Austin, Texas: Eakin Press, 1984.
- German Pioneers in Texas Biggers, Don H. Fredericksburg, Texas: Fredericksburg Publishing Company, 1925.