History & Heritage Events
- NOV 05 2016 Geschichte Fest (Texas History Fest) at the Texas Rangers Heritage Center A tribute to the wonderful German Pioneers of the Texas Hill Country and their descendants featuring the North American premier of the German film “Herman der Apache” – the life of Herman Lehmann and Esther Lehmann’s personal oral testimony. Ticket includes a social hour, dinner hour and film viewing. Seating is limited. Traditional German cuisine […]
- NOV 05 2016 Herbstfest – A German Chorale Concert The Hermannsohns and Arion Mens choirs perform a concert of German folk songs and lead a sing-along. Refreshments and snacks are provided. Gemutlichkeit begins at 6:30 pm and the concert at 7 pm. By donation. At historic St. Joseph’s Hall.
- NOV 11 2016 Veterans Day Ceremony at the National Museum of the Pacific War On the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month, we honor all of those who have served and are serving in the United States Armed Forces. Featuring featuring patriotic music, presentation of colors, rifle salute and guest keynote speaker. James Hornfischer will be the keynote speaker for this year’s program. James is long […]
This is simply a sampling of books that have been written about Fredericksburg, Gillespie County and the Texas Hill Country. Some titles are no longer in print.
- Pioneers in God’s Hills Gillespie County Historical Society. Austin, Texas: Eakin Publications, Inc., 1960.
- Fredericksburg, Texas — Living With the Past Watt, Don & Lynn. Fredericksburg, Texas: Shearer Publishing, 1987.
- Historic Homes In and Around Fredericksburg Kowert, Elise. Fredericksburg, Texas: Fredericksburg Publishing Company, 1980.