- APR 27 2014 Gillespie County Benefit SchuetzenFest Target shooting competition. To be held at the Bear Creek Shooting Range. Spectators welcome. 9 am to 6 pm.
- MAY 10 2014 Founders Day Celebration at the Pioneer Museum Wreath laying at the Vereins Kirche at 9:30 am followed by another wreath laying and tour at Der Stadt Friedhof on N. Lee Street. Living History activities will take place on the grounds of the Pioneer Museum such as rope making and doll making. Visitors will be treated to free beer tasting from Fredericksburg Brewing [...]
- JUN 14 2014 Fort Martin Scott Day This daylong event features living history re-enactments that bring the Fort to life again! Witness the daily lives of pioneers, gold rushers, teamsters, Native Americans, Texas Rangers and craftsmen as they travel about the Fort. 10 am to 4 pm. Free admission.
This is simply a sampling of books that have been written about Fredericksburg, Gillespie County and the Texas Hill Country. Some titles are no longer in print.
- Texas Hill Country Miller, George Oxford. Stillwater, Minnesota: Voyageur Press, Inc., 1991.
- The Texas Hill Country— A Food and Wine Lover’s Paradise Thompson-Anderson, Terry. Fredericksburg, Texas: Shearer Publishing, 2008.
- Claudia Taylor (Lady Bird) Johnson Horwitz, Margot F. New York, New York: Children’s Press, 1998.
Head to Fredericksburg for your spring getaway! See traffic stopping color of California Poppies, Red Corn Poppies and Drummond Phlox at the Wildseed Farms!
Fredericksburg has been named as a "Top Destination for Spring Travel" by FlipKey!
The Texas Hill Country was just named one of the "10 Best Wine Travel Destinations" by Wine Enthusiast Magazine!