- AUG 02 2014 Gillespie County Bundes Schuetzenfest Old time German target shooting competition. Spectators are welcome! Barbecue, hamburgers and drinks will be available for sale. At the Texas Hills Sporting Range on the Tivydale Road. 9 am to 6 pm.
- AUG 21 2014 126th Gillespie County Fair 126th Celebration of the Gillespie County Fair – parade, carnival, midway, livestock shows, agricultural and household exhibits, arts and crafts, antique tractor shows, live music and dnaces, live horse racing, mutton bustin’ and more! Please visit the website for a complete schedule of events.
- OCT 03 2014 Oktoberfest 2014 Oompah at its best! When summer ends and fall begins the cool air of October arrives, and so does Oktoberfest. For three full days, the world is invited to sing, toast and dance at one of Fredericksburg’s favorite fests. Celebrate 34 years of Texas gemutlichkeit with sizzling bratwurst, four stages of entertainment, arts and crafts, [...]
This is simply a sampling of books that have been written about Fredericksburg, Gillespie County and the Texas Hill Country. Some titles are no longer in print.
- The Texas Hill Country— A Food and Wine Lover’s Paradise Thompson-Anderson, Terry. Fredericksburg, Texas: Shearer Publishing, 2008.
- Old Home and Buildings of Fredericksburg Kowert, Elise. Fredericksburg, Texas: Fredericksburg Publishing Company, 1977.
- Claudia Taylor (Lady Bird) Johnson Horwitz, Margot F. New York, New York: Children’s Press, 1998.