- NOV 02 2014 Herbstfest German Chorale Concert An evening of German song and Fredericksburg “Gemutlichkeit” featuring the Hermann Sons Mixed Choir and the Arion Men’s Choir. Directed by Mark Hierholzer. This event will continue a 100-year tradition of the German choirs’ fall concerts. There will be beer, wine, sodas and snacks available. Fun for the whole family! At historic St. Joseph’s Hall. [...]
- NOV 29 2014 Frontier Day at Fort Martin Scott This annual event features living history re-enactors, pioneer crafts, chuckwagon food, old-west shootouts, Native Americans, storytellers, musicians and hands-on activities for the kids. There’s something for the entire family! 10 am to 4 pm. Free admission.
This is simply a sampling of books that have been written about Fredericksburg, Gillespie County and the Texas Hill Country. Some titles are no longer in print.
- Claudia Taylor (Lady Bird) Johnson Horwitz, Margot F. New York, New York: Children’s Press, 1998.
- The Texas Hill Country— A Food and Wine Lover’s Paradise Thompson-Anderson, Terry. Fredericksburg, Texas: Shearer Publishing, 2008.
- Texas Hill Country Littlebook Reynolds, Richard. Englewood, Colorado: Westcliffe Publishers, Inc., 1996.