History & Heritage Events
- AUG 17 2017 Fredericksburg History 101 Class (Aug) Earn your PhD (Proud history Devotee) by attending these classes sponsored by the Gillespie County Historical Society. First in a series of four, the August class is “The Beginning Through the Civil War” presented by Fredericksburg native and local historian, Glen Treibs. Classes to be held at the Gillespie County Historical Society Sanctuary. Please call […]
- AUG 24 2017 Hill Country Antique Tractor & Engine Club Heritage Show Held in conjunction with the Gillespie County Fair, this show provides visitors a special glimpse of the good ol’ days. Many activities such as agricultural displays, tractor displays, engine displays, antique tractor pulls, and a working blacksmith shop will be open for your viewing pleasure. Our replica of a 1920’s farm house will also be […]
- AUG 27 2017 109th Birthday Celebration for President Lyndon B. Johnson Celebrate the 109th anniversary of President Johnson’s birth. The public is invited to attend this free celebration with the laying of a wreath on his gravesite in the Johnson Family Cemetery, guest speakers and musical entertainment. Throughout the day, visitors can visit the Sauer-Beckmann Living History Farm and participate in old-time family games and see […]
This is simply a sampling of books that have been written about Fredericksburg, Gillespie County and the Texas Hill Country. Some titles are no longer in print.
- Chester W. Nimitz, Admiral of the Hills. Casad, Dede W. and Driscoll, Frank A. Austin, Texas: Eakin Press, 1983.
- Historic Homes In and Around Fredericksburg Kowert, Elise. Fredericksburg, Texas: Fredericksburg Publishing Company, 1980.
- Fredericksburg, Texas — Living With the Past Watt, Don & Lynn. Fredericksburg, Texas: Shearer Publishing, 1987.