History & Heritage Events
- MAY 26 2017 Propaganda Art in WWII Exhibit at the National Museum of the Pacific War During WWII propaganda was a major weapon on and off the battlefield. Propaganda in art became common and was widely distributed. This exhibit features works from the Gregg and Michelle Philipson Collection and Archive, and includes works from artists Arthur Szyk, Dr. Seuss, and others. In the George H. W. Bush Gallery during regular hours […]
- MAY 27 2017 WWII Pacific Combat Program at the National Museum of the Pacific War (May) The hottest show in Fredericksburg is back and better than ever! Following an $8 million dollar renovation to the Pacific Combat Zone, the National Museum of the Pacific War’s WWII Pacific Combat Program once again will bring history to life for visitors. With an expanded battlefield including a Japanese-controlled hill, trench and cave fighting positions, […]
- MAY 29 2017 Memorial Day Program at the National Museum of the Pacific War Join us for our annual Memorial Day program to honor those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our country. In the Memorial Courtyard at the National Museum of the Pacific War. This year featuring guest speaker, Fred T. Harvey, who fought in Iwo Jima during WWII. The colors will be posted by Fredericksburg High […]
This is simply a sampling of books that have been written about Fredericksburg, Gillespie County and the Texas Hill Country. Some titles are no longer in print.
- Texas Hill Country Littlebook Reynolds, Richard. Englewood, Colorado: Westcliffe Publishers, Inc., 1996.
- German Pioneers in Texas Biggers, Don H. Fredericksburg, Texas: Fredericksburg Publishing Company, 1925.
- Old Home and Buildings of Fredericksburg Kowert, Elise. Fredericksburg, Texas: Fredericksburg Publishing Company, 1977.