History & Heritage Events
- DEC 05 2015 Kinderfest at the Pioneer Museum Continuing a long-standing German tradition, St. Nicholas always makes a stop at the Pioneer Museum in Fredericksburg on the first Saturday in December to fill stockings of boys and girls at the annual Kinderfest. Children are invited to hang their Christmas stockings over a large hearth in anticipation of a visit from St. Nicholas. Children […]
- DEC 07 2015 Pearl Harbor Day Observance at the National Museum of the Pacific War The National Museum of the Pacific War will be paying homage to those who served the United States on December 7, 1941 at Pearl Harbor. 12:25 pm marks the exact time the attack started on Pearl Harbor. Patriotic music, presentation of colors, rifle salute an guest keynote speaker will all be a part of the […]
- DEC 12 2015 Nimitz Junior Corps at the National Museum of the Pacific War (Dec) Wartime Christmas – join the museum staff in making traditional WWII Christmas decorations and learn about how Christmas was celebrated with wartime rationing in effect. Space is limited and reservations are encouraged. Please contact email@example.com 11 am. $5 per student.
This is simply a sampling of books that have been written about Fredericksburg, Gillespie County and the Texas Hill Country. Some titles are no longer in print.
- Easter Fires Wade, Mary Dodson. Austin, Texas: Eakin Press, 1984.
- Gillespie County – A View of Its Past Mohon, Monty and Michelle. Virginia Beach, Virginia: The Donning Company Publishers, 1996.
- A Kid’s Guide to Exploring Lyndon B. Johnson National Historical Park Warren, Betsy. Tucson, Arizona: Arizona Lithographers, 2000.