History & Heritage Events
- NOV 25 2017 Hunters Night Out at Fort Martin Scott Hunters, history buffs and friends of the Fort are invited to attend the 2nd Annual Hunters’ Night Out fundraiser. The night is full of fun and fellowship. Enjoy a campfire meal of Brats, Beer, Beans and Biscuits. Music will be provided by Josh Dodds and on going prize drawings as well as bucket raffles available […]
- NOV 25 2017 Holiday Cookie Decorating & German Traditions at the LBJ State Park Bring the family and get into the holiday spirit learning about edible ornaments, wreath making, candle making and other holiday activities and traditions from the early 1900’s. Bring a camera to capture some family holiday photos! At the Sauer-Beckmann Living History Farm at the Lyndon B. Johnson State Park & Historic Site. 10 am to […]
- DEC 02 2017 A Ranger Christmas Meet Cowboy Santa and enjoy Ranger Town, caroling, hot chocolate, trick roping and more! At the Texas Rangers Heritage Center. Sponsored by the Former Texas Rangers Foundation which serves current and former Texas Rangers, their families and their contributions to Texas history. 4 to 8 pm. Free parking and admission.
This is simply a sampling of books that have been written about Fredericksburg, Gillespie County and the Texas Hill Country. Some titles are no longer in print.
- The Texas Hill Country— A Food and Wine Lover’s Paradise Thompson-Anderson, Terry. Fredericksburg, Texas: Shearer Publishing, 2008.
- The German Texans Lich, Glen E. San Antonio, Texas: The University of Texas Institute of Texan Cultures, 1981.
- Pioneers in God’s Hills Gillespie County Historical Society. Austin, Texas: Eakin Publications, Inc., 1960.