History & Heritage Events
- APR 27 2018 Fort Martin Scott Days Two days of continuous Living History featuring Military, Frontier Lawmen, Native Americans and Civilians representing the fort’s active time period with special events for children. Friday is School Day with planned activities for School Groups (including Home Schoolers). Pioneer Crafts, Musicians, Story Tellers and more. Each day visitors will experience Flag Ceremonies, Military Drills, Life […]
- APR 28 2018 Texan Roundup Aviation Show at Gillespie County Airport Aviation buffs will marvel at a scene that is reminiscent of a busy World War II training airbase when more than 20 vintage warbirds will be readied for flight with props turning, aircraft taxiiing out and four ship groups launching from the Gillespie County airport. The Texan Roundup is a gathering of pilots and their […]
- APR 30 2018 Rededication of Japanese Garden of Peace at the National Museum of the Pacific War The National Museum of the Pacific War will hold a rededication ceremony for the Japanese Garden of Peace. The ceremony will feature a Japanese drum performance from Kaminari Taiko, a Japanese drumming ensemble based in Houston, a tea ceremony and a performance by the Fredericksburg Community Chorus conducted by Jeryl Hoover. This event is free […]
This is simply a sampling of books that have been written about Fredericksburg, Gillespie County and the Texas Hill Country. Some titles are no longer in print.
- Fredericksburg, Texas: 150 Years of Paintings and Drawings Maguire, Jack. Fredericksburg, Texas: Burdett & Associates, 1995.
- Historic Homes In and Around Fredericksburg Kowert, Elise. Fredericksburg, Texas: Fredericksburg Publishing Company, 1980.
- German Pioneers in Texas Biggers, Don H. Fredericksburg, Texas: Fredericksburg Publishing Company, 1925.