History & Heritage Events
- FEB 21 2017 “History of the Vereins Kirche” Exhibit at the Vereins Kirche Museum (Feb) “History of the Vereins Kirche” is an exhibit that tells the story of the first public and its replica built in 1935. The story of the early pioneers to Fredericksburg will be told in conjunction with the permanent “Adelsverein” exhibit on display. 10 am to 4:30 pm Tuesday through Saturday. Free.
- FEB 25 2017 “Five Stars, Five Decades” Exhibit at the National Museum of the Pacific War The Museum will mark its 50th year of operations in 2017, unveiling a comprehensive exhibit spanning the five decades of the National Museum of the Pacific War’s evolution and growth. Entitled “Five Stars, Five Decades,” the exhibit will tell of the early local efforts to save the old Nimitz Hotel and create a museum honoring Fleet […]
- MAR 03 2017 The Original Texas Star Trail Ride Annual trail ride from Fredericksburg to Blanco, Texas, with stops in Luckenbach, Stonewall and Johnson City. Ride begins at the Gillespie County Fairgrounds. Please visit the website for more information on how to participate. Spectators welcome!
This is simply a sampling of books that have been written about Fredericksburg, Gillespie County and the Texas Hill Country. Some titles are no longer in print.
- Historic Homes In and Around Fredericksburg Kowert, Elise. Fredericksburg, Texas: Fredericksburg Publishing Company, 1980.
- Texas – Goal of German Emigration in the 19th Century. Rese, Beate. San Marcos, Texas: Smartworks, Inc., 1996.
- Texas Hill Country Miller, George Oxford. Stillwater, Minnesota: Voyageur Press, Inc., 1991.