History & Heritage Events
- MAR 31 2017 Celebrate Texas! at the Texas Rangers Heritage Center Second annual event hosted by the Texas Rangers Heritage Center. Opening day activities from 10 am to 4 pm on Friday will include historical re-enactments, cannon firing, cowboy poets, campfire stories and trick roping. Vendors will be on site selling food and wares. The event is free and parking is $10 per car. On Saturday, […]
- APR 01 2017 27th Annual Van Der Stucken Music Festival The Van der Stucken Festival was established in 1991 by Friends of Van der Stucken to increase appreciation for the life and work of composer and conductor Frank Van der Stucken who was born in Fredericksburg in 1858. The concert will be presented by the Fredericksburg Community Orchestra who will be joined by the San […]
- APR 01 2017 Gillespie County Country Schools Annual Open House (5 Schools) We invite and welcome you to visit our schools during their open houses and learn more about the German history of the one-room schools in and around Fredericksburg. Included in this year’s annual open house will be the schools on Route B of the driving map: Cave Creek Historic School, Junction Historic School, Rheingold Historic […]
This is simply a sampling of books that have been written about Fredericksburg, Gillespie County and the Texas Hill Country. Some titles are no longer in print.
- The Texas Hill Country— A Food and Wine Lover’s Paradise Thompson-Anderson, Terry. Fredericksburg, Texas: Shearer Publishing, 2008.
- Lyman Wight, The Wild Ram of the Mountain Wight, Jermy Benton. Star Valley, Wyoming: Afton Thrifty Print, 1997.
- Historic Homes In and Around Fredericksburg Kowert, Elise. Fredericksburg, Texas: Fredericksburg Publishing Company, 1980.