History & Heritage Events
- OCT 18 2018 Fredericksburg History PhD Class (Oct) Earn your PhD (Proud history Devotee) by attending these classes sponsored by the Gillespie County Historical Society. The October class will feature Ernie Loeffler, President/CEO of the Fredericksburg Convention & Visitor Bureau. Learn “How Fredericksburg Got to Be Fredericksburg” and the story of our town as the destination everyone wants to visit. No one is […]
- OCT 20 2018 Cherry Spring Historic School Open House “Preserving the past to enrich the future.” This school is located on the year-round Gillespie County Rural Schools Trail and listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Docents will be on hand to reminisce about school days past. 11 am to 4 pm. Free.
- OCT 20 2018 Nimitz Junior Corps “Leadership” at the National Museum of the Pacific War (Oct) Children ages 8 to 13 will spend the day in the National Museum of the Pacific War studying the leaders of the War in the Pacific and the tough decisions they made that ultimately led to victory. Corps members will be tested on how closely they paid attention to those lessons learned through a rousing […]
This is simply a sampling of books that have been written about Fredericksburg, Gillespie County and the Texas Hill Country. Some titles are no longer in print.
- Texas – Goal of German Emigration in the 19th Century. Rese, Beate. San Marcos, Texas: Smartworks, Inc., 1996.
- Old Home and Buildings of Fredericksburg Kowert, Elise. Fredericksburg, Texas: Fredericksburg Publishing Company, 1977.
- Gillespie County – A View of Its Past Mohon, Monty and Michelle. Virginia Beach, Virginia: The Donning Company Publishers, 1996.