History & Heritage Events
- MAR 05 2015 Horseless Carriage Club at Pioneer Museum CANCELLED The Horseless Carriage Club of America (HCCA) will make a brief stop at the Pioneer Museum on Thursday, March 5, 2015. The HCCA is an international club of early automobile enthusiasts specializing in automobiles built in 1915 or earlier, called “Brass-Era Automobiles”, who like to drive their vehicles on tours that range upward of 100 […]
- MAR 07 2015 Pecan Creek Historic School Open House This school is located on the year round Gillespie County Rural Schools Trail. The Schools on the Trail are on the National Register of Historic Places. Former students and community members will be available to reminisce and share stories about school days past. For special events occurring that day, please visit the website. 11 am […]
- MAR 07 2015 Spring Break at the Pioneer Museum 2015 Historic crafts, activities and demonstrations, including quilting and stoking the forge at the blacksmith shop. Try your hand at making rope or biting into a biscuit cooked in a Dutch Oven over an open campfire. Stroll through our historic buildings and visit with interpreters. Fun for the whole family. Daily 10 am to 5 pm […]
This is simply a sampling of books that have been written about Fredericksburg, Gillespie County and the Texas Hill Country. Some titles are no longer in print.
- The German Texans Lich, Glen E. San Antonio, Texas: The University of Texas Institute of Texan Cultures, 1981.
- Historic Homes In and Around Fredericksburg Kowert, Elise. Fredericksburg, Texas: Fredericksburg Publishing Company, 1980.
- Old Home and Buildings of Fredericksburg Kowert, Elise. Fredericksburg, Texas: Fredericksburg Publishing Company, 1977.