History & Heritage Events
- SEP 23 2017 “Daily Farm Chores” at LBJ State Park & Historic Site Come out and witness some of the more common farm chores that would have occurred on a working farm 100 years ago. Learn what life was like prior to electricity and even running water in your home as you visit the Sauer-Beckmann Living History Farm with interpretive rangers in period costume. 10 am to 3 […]
- OCT 04 2017 Historical and Architectural Walking Tour of Fredericksburg’s West End The Pioneer Museum is debuting a new walking tour of Fredericksburg’s West End that will begin at the Schandua House at 111 E. Austin St. The tour time lasts approximately two hours. The tours will be guided by Fredericksburg natives and will cover areas not normally available to visitors. Learn about the origins of German […]
- OCT 07 2017 Williams Creek (Albert) and Junction Historic Schools Open House These schools are located on the year-round Gillespie County Rural Schools Trail and docents will be available to share stories of school days past. 11 am to 4 pm.
This is simply a sampling of books that have been written about Fredericksburg, Gillespie County and the Texas Hill Country. Some titles are no longer in print.
- Fredericksburg, Texas — Living With the Past Watt, Don & Lynn. Fredericksburg, Texas: Shearer Publishing, 1987.
- The German Texans Lich, Glen E. San Antonio, Texas: The University of Texas Institute of Texan Cultures, 1981.
- Texas Hill Country Littlebook Reynolds, Richard. Englewood, Colorado: Westcliffe Publishers, Inc., 1996.