History & Heritage Events
- JUL 16 2015 “Fat Man and Little Boy” Film at the National Museum of the Pacific War 70 years ago this year, World War II in the Pacific was wrapping up and the war was coming to an end. The National Museum of the Pacific War has announced that they will be showing famous films that cover certain battles in concurrence with the anniversary of those battles. These films will be free […]
- JUL 19 2015 Gillespie County Vor (Practice) Schuetzenfest 2015 Old time German target shooting competition. Spectators are welcome! Barbecue, hamburgers and drinks will be available for sale. Venue location TBA. 9 am to 5 pm.
- JUL 25 2015 Adventure Camp at the Pioneer Museum Come explore the great outdoors at the historic Pioneer Museum! In this camp, nature will call and you will definitely answer. Hear the sounds of the birds and learn about invasive plants. Learn about spiders and snakes from the Snake Man. Go fishing and play 1800’s baseball with Buffalo Soldiers. Learn to throw a knife and […]
This is simply a sampling of books that have been written about Fredericksburg, Gillespie County and the Texas Hill Country. Some titles are no longer in print.
- Pioneers in God’s Hills Gillespie County Historical Society. Austin, Texas: Eakin Publications, Inc., 1960.
- Pioneers in God’s Hills (Volume II) Gillespie County Historical Society. Austin, Texas: Boeckmann-Jones, 1974.
- Old Home and Buildings of Fredericksburg Kowert, Elise. Fredericksburg, Texas: Fredericksburg Publishing Company, 1977.