History & Heritage Events
- SEP 05 2015 Commemorative Air Force WWII Aircraft Display Bring the family – experience history – ride in an historic aircraft. The Commemorative Air Force will visit the Gillespie County Airport and display for public viewing several vintage aircraft including a B-17G, B-25J, T-6, P-51 and L-17A. The CAF is a non-profit educational association that restores and preserves WWII aircraft for the education and […]
- SEP 05 2015 Pacific Combat Living History Program September 2015 History comes to life with a World War II battle re-enactment including uniformed actors, guns, tanks and a flamethrower! At the Pacific Combat Zone of the National Museum of the Pacific War. Online reservations available and recommended. Walk-up tickets available at the PCZ prior to the program if not sold out. Performances at 11 am […]
- SEP 05 2015 Chuckwagon Dinners, Breakfast and Cowboy Church at the Texas Rangers Heritage Center (weekends) The new Texas Rangers Heritage Center will be opening on September 1, 2015! Experience first-hand the history, the philosophy and the life experiences of one of Texas’ oldest institutions – the Texas Rangers. Starting in September, enjoy chuckwagon meals, entertainment, breakfasts and cowboy church at our pavilion and amphitheater on two weekends each month until […]
This is simply a sampling of books that have been written about Fredericksburg, Gillespie County and the Texas Hill Country. Some titles are no longer in print.
- Pioneers in God’s Hills Gillespie County Historical Society. Austin, Texas: Eakin Publications, Inc., 1960.
- Pioneers in God’s Hills (Volume II) Gillespie County Historical Society. Austin, Texas: Boeckmann-Jones, 1974.
- Old Home and Buildings of Fredericksburg Kowert, Elise. Fredericksburg, Texas: Fredericksburg Publishing Company, 1977.