History & Heritage Events
- AUG 03 2015 Cowboy Camp at the Pioneer Museum Learn to be a buckaroo during this week-long camp! Rope with a rope you personally made, hear the story of the chuck wagon, sing old cowboy songs and play in the band, pitch washers and play horseshoes, learn gun safety and enjoy stories of the early Texas Rangers. 9 am to noon each day. $25 […]
- AUG 14 2015 End of World War II Commemoration at the National Museum of the Pacific War Join us and the Veterans Land Board of Texas as we honor those who fought for freedom in WWII in our Memorial Courtyard. The keynote speaker will be George P. Bush, Commissioner of the General Land Office and Chairman of the Veterans Land Board. This program is free to the public and all are welcome […]
- AUG 14 2015 Readings in History at the National Museum of the Pacific War Details Coming Soon!
This is simply a sampling of books that have been written about Fredericksburg, Gillespie County and the Texas Hill Country. Some titles are no longer in print.
- Pioneers in God’s Hills Gillespie County Historical Society. Austin, Texas: Eakin Publications, Inc., 1960.
- Pioneers in God’s Hills (Volume II) Gillespie County Historical Society. Austin, Texas: Boeckmann-Jones, 1974.
- Old Home and Buildings of Fredericksburg Kowert, Elise. Fredericksburg, Texas: Fredericksburg Publishing Company, 1977.