History & Heritage Events
- MAY 07 2016 A Fandangle Sampler at the LBJ Ranch The Fandangle Sampler is a shortened version of the show that has run for 75 years every June near Albany, Texas at Fort Griffin and tells the story of the Texas Frontier – of Indians hunting the prairie, settlers moving west with herds of Longhorn cattle and soldiers protecting civilization. The evening includes a catered […]
- MAY 13 2016 New Braunfels to Fredericksburg Spring Trail Ride The Heritage Trail Ride Association invites you to ride or watch as the Spring Trail Ride pulls in to Luckenbach Texas on Tuesday, May 17, for an evening meal, awards ceremony and auction. The ride will leave on Wednesday morning, May 18, for the Gillespie County Fairgrounds. All are welcome to participate – adults and […]
- MAY 14 2016 Founders Day Celebration at the Pioneer Museum Celebrating the founding of Fredericksburg in 1846. Der Stadt Friedhof Cemetery Tour at 9 am. Wreath laying ceremony at the Vereins Kirche at 11 am. Food, drink and family fun at the Pioneer Museum including founding family exhibits, demonstrations, interpretations, gospel music and family fun picnic with petting zoo and activities and games for children. Museum hours […]
This is simply a sampling of books that have been written about Fredericksburg, Gillespie County and the Texas Hill Country. Some titles are no longer in print.
- Fredericksburg, Texas: 150 Years of Paintings and Drawings Maguire, Jack. Fredericksburg, Texas: Burdett & Associates, 1995.
- Pioneers in God’s Hills Gillespie County Historical Society. Austin, Texas: Eakin Publications, Inc., 1960.
- Gillespie County – A View of Its Past Mohon, Monty and Michelle. Virginia Beach, Virginia: The Donning Company Publishers, 1996.