- APR 27 2014 Gillespie County Benefit SchuetzenFest Target shooting competition. To be held at the Bear Creek Shooting Range. Spectators welcome. 9 am to 6 pm.
- MAY 10 2014 Founders Day Celebration at the Pioneer Museum Wreath laying at the Vereins Kirche at 9:30 am followed by activities at the Pioneer Museum with founding family exhibits, food, music and historical demonstrations and interpretations on the museum grounds. 9:30 am to 5 pm. Regular museum admission is $5 adults; $3 students; children 5 and under are free.
- JUN 14 2014 Fort Martin Scott Day This daylong event features living history re-enactments that bring the Fort to life again! Witness the daily lives of pioneers, gold rushers, teamsters, Native Americans, Texas Rangers and craftsmen as they travel about the Fort. 10 am to 4 pm. Free admission.
This is simply a sampling of books that have been written about Fredericksburg, Gillespie County and the Texas Hill Country. Some titles are no longer in print.
- Texas Hill Country Miller, George Oxford. Stillwater, Minnesota: Voyageur Press, Inc., 1991.
- Lyman Wight, The Wild Ram of the Mountain Wight, Jermy Benton. Star Valley, Wyoming: Afton Thrifty Print, 1997.
- Pioneers in God’s Hills Gillespie County Historical Society. Austin, Texas: Eakin Publications, Inc., 1960.
A number of restaurants in Fredericksburg and Gillespie County will be open Easter Sunday.
Head to Fredericksburg for your spring getaway now! See traffic stopping color of California Poppies, Red Corn Poppies, Texas Bluebonnets and Drummond Phlox at the Wildseed Farms!
Fredericksburg has been named as a "Top Destination for Spring Travel" by FlipKey!