History & Heritage Events
- DEC 16 2018 49th Annual LBJ Christmas Tree Lighting Join the Texas Hill Country community in this special tradition started 49 years ago by President and Mrs. Johnson. Enjoy carolers, a live nativity, Santa Claus, refreshments and, of course, the spectacular tree lighting. Then revisit the past at the Sauer-Beckmann Living History Farm. 6 pm. Free admission.
- JAN 07 2019 “Buying and Selling in Gillespie County” Exhibit at the Vereins Kirche Details Coming Soon!
- JAN 19 2019 Nebgen Historic School Open House Details Coming Soon!
This is simply a sampling of books that have been written about Fredericksburg, Gillespie County and the Texas Hill Country. Some titles are no longer in print.
- Old Home and Buildings of Fredericksburg Kowert, Elise. Fredericksburg, Texas: Fredericksburg Publishing Company, 1977.
- Claudia Taylor (Lady Bird) Johnson Horwitz, Margot F. New York, New York: Children’s Press, 1998.
- Lyman Wight, The Wild Ram of the Mountain Wight, Jermy Benton. Star Valley, Wyoming: Afton Thrifty Print, 1997.