Why not meet where you want to vacation? Here are 10 reasons to plan your next meeting or conference in Fredericksburg, Texas!
- Free Assistance from the Fredericksburg CVB. The Fredericksburg CVB’s professional staff (including a Certified Meeting Manager) is a free resource providing assistance on every detail of your upcoming conference. We’re committed to making your meeting or event a huge success. Our professional and experienced staff can help with planning every unique detail to ensure your group a successful and memorable experience.
- Mix Business with Pleasure. Fredericksburg is the perfect destination to mix business and fun. After a day of educational sessions or teambuilding, enjoy our Biergartens, art galleries, wineries, shopping, live entertainment and more! The diversity, convenience and quality of attractions here make attendee free time and pre/post-meeting time less stressful and that much more enjoyable for everyone involved. This is why Fredericksburg is an emerging market for more corporate retreats, seminars and conferences. In essence, it’s the best of both worlds.
- Historical Place. Enjoy it in the architecture and the German cuisine. Fredericksburg is over 150 years old so one of the largest draws is our historic charm. And because we’re a smaller meetings market, our prices are charming too! There are a variety of ideal group attractions that you might weave into a schedule: experience the life of our German settlers through the Pioneer Museum Complex and the Sauer Beckmann Living History Farm, learn about our local sons Admiral Chester W. Nimitz and our 36th President Lyndon B. Johnson, be inspired at the National Museum of the Pacific War and explore LBJ’s sprawling Ranch and the Texas White House out near Stonewall.
- Play a round- then play around. After a $2 million renovation, the Lady Bird Johnson Municipal Golf Course brings a 6,432 yard course, par-72, and 18 challenging holes of golf to the Texas Hill Country. Not only do you have this wonderfully renovated golf course to enjoy, it comes with a banquet/conference room which could serve as the “home base” for up to 80 people. And your 19th hole is Fredericksburg itself! Our downtown historic district is only a few miles from the course.
- Texas Wine Country. With more than two dozen wineries in the Fredericksburg area, Texas Wine Country is at your fingertips. Spend the afternoon enjoying a teambuilding outing of wine tours and tastings and make memories to last a lifetime. Tucked behind their stunning architecture are professional and sophisticated operations offering everything from barrel room tours to catered five-course dinners in private and luxurious indoor spaces and outdoor patios. Put this somewhere in your itinerary and prepare to be the hero.
- Hill Country Beauty. Fredericksburg is surrounded by ranch lands and wildflowers. Nearby Enchanted Rock State Natural Area and Lyndon B. Johnson State and National Historical Parks are great ways to experience the natural beauty bestowed upon the Texas Hill Country. Forego the concrete jungle and immerse yourself in the Texas Hill Country for your next corporate retreat, meeting or reunion. Go peach picking, relax on a wine tasting tour or simply explore the beauty of the Hill Country.
- Walkability. Fredericksburg’s Main Street shopping and dining district is one long “National Historic Register District” with restaurants, Biergartens, bakeries, wine tasting rooms and more than 150 shops, boutiques and art galleries within easy walking distance. Residents of Fredericksburg are spoiled- and you will be too- by the proximity of attractions that make Fredericksburg such a great place to “park and play.” When business is done, you’re mere steps away from extracurricular activities.
- Unique Event Venues. A private indoor Biergarten, a legendary dancehall made famous by “Willie, Waylon and the boys” or a 1940s themed hangar are just a few of the unique meeting venues in Fredericksburg, Texas. One crucial element to every event is memorability, and Fredericksburg allows you to get creative with your planning and keep your attendees invigorated by unique surroundings.
- “Big Fish” Treatment. Our sweet spot are meetings of 10 to 200 people so you’ll never get lost amidst other massive conventions. In Fredericksburg it’s easy to feel like you have the conference center, accommodations, and even the town to yourselves. Spend just a little bit of time in Fredericksburg and you’ll understand why our tagline is “Texas Heart. German Soul.” The Fredericksburg Convention and Visitor Bureau works closely with meeting planners to cross every “t” and dot every “i.” Everyone, from the front desk clerks to the shopkeepers, wants to make your event a success.
- Location. Location. Location. Fredericksburg is located just 77 miles west of Austin, 70 miles northwest of San Antonio and 260 miles from both Houston & DFW Metroplexes and our neighbors in the Midland/Odessa area. Fredericksburg offers easy access via US Highways, and is even accessible via private plane or jet thanks to the Gillespie County Airport.
Download our Meeting Planner.
Download our Meeting Directory.