Can’t Miss Holiday Celebrations in Fredericksburg OCT 30 2018
Spend the holidays in Fredericksburg and join us as we light up the town! Here are 5 can’t miss holiday events in the Texas Hill Country:
- Lighting of the German Christmas Pyramid & Community Christmas Tree – Watch as our star attractions – a 26-foot German Christmas Pyramid and a 30-foot Community Christmas Tree, one on either side of the iconic Vereins Kirche at Marktplatz – are ceremoniously lit the Friday after Thanksgiving, November 23, and then remain illuminated to become the centerpiece of the town’s decorations throughout the season.
- Eisbahn Outdoor Ice Skating Rink – Kids and kids at heart will love gliding into the holidays as Fredericksburg’s outdoor ice rink – Eisbahn – opens for the season on Friday, November 23, and an all-day pass is just $15.
- Christmas Home Tour and Market – View the Texas Hill Country’s most popular home tour which shows off fabulous homes decorated for Christmas on Saturday, December 1. The Market features 21 boutique vendors selling one-of-a-kind artisan merchandise perfect for gift giving with distinction.
- Light the Night Christmas Parade & Afterglow – Enjoy even more twinkling lights at the Chamber’s Light the Night Christmas Parade on Friday, December 7. Bring your chairs and blankets and watch the glittering floats go down Main Street for free or if you want a VIP experience, purchase tickets to view the parade from the stands located across from Marktplatz. Then take pictures with Santa and enjoy some holiday eats and cheer at the Afterglow at Marktplatz.
- The Christmas Journey – Enjoy a 10-minute drive through presentation of the Christmas Story on Friday and Saturday, December 14 and 15, at Bethany Lutheran Church, featuring music and effects, live characters and animals and professionally hand-painted props.
For more ideas on how to spend the holidays in Fredericksburg, visit holidays.visitfredericksburgtx.com.