2018 Grape Stomp Season is Here! JUL 19 2018
August means the end of summer- and the start of the grape harvest in Fredericksburg! Each August many of the Texas Hill Country wineries begin the harvest of their annual grape crop. With a warmer than usual winter, many growers are hoping for a plentiful and early grape crop in 2018.
So how does one celebrate the grape harvest? By spending a few days in Fredericksburg and attending a grape stomp, then enjoying a week of wine, shopping and culinary adventures!
A mechanical press is now used in the commercial production of wine, but stomping grapes is an age-old tradition dating back to the ancient Romans, who made their wine by stomping on grapes to extract the juice, beginning the fermentation process and eventually developing into wine.
Grape stomp festivities are fun for the entire family and Fredericksburg has plenty of grape stomp opportunities throughout the month of August and into Labor Day Weekend, including…
- Grape Stomp at Pedernales Cellars (August 11 & 12)
- Grape Stomp at Pedernales Cellars (August 18 & 19)
- Grape Stomp at Barons Creek Vineyards (August 11 & 12)
- Grape Stomp at Barons Creek Vineyards (August 18 & 19)
- Harvest Festival at Messina Hof Hill Country: Sunset Harvest (August 24)
- Harvest Festival at Messina Hof Hill Country: Daytime Harvest (August 25)
- 22nd Annual Grape Stomp at Becker Vineyards (August 25 & 26)
- Grape Stomp at Pedernales Cellars (August 25 & 26)
- Grape Stomp at Chisholm Trail Winery (September 1)
- 22nd Annual Grape Stomp at Becker Vineyards (September 1 & 2)
For a full lineup of upcoming wine events in Fredericksburg, such as Grape Stomps and harvest celebrations, click here.