Memorial Day Weekend in Fredericksburg APR 27 2018
Fredericksburg is a great Memorial Day weekend getaway. Make memories with your family in Fredericksburg at some of these fun events:
- Shop local farms and vendors at the Fredericksburg Summer Farmers Market on Thursday, May 24. Find local fruits, vegetables, meats, Gulf seafood, cheese, bread and wine, locally-roasted coffee drinks and wood-fired pizza, then relax at the picnic tables to listen to live music while enjoying your purchases.
- Chow down at the Fredericksburg Crawfish Festival on Friday, May 25, through Sunday, May 27, at Marktplatz, our town square. Celebrate with great food, beverages, live entertainment, including Kyle Park and Kevin Fowler, and more inspired by the Creole region, including Gator Country, which is back by popular demand.
- Dance the night away with big band music and swing dance lessons at the 1940’s themed USO Style Memorial Day Hangar Dance on Saturday, May 26.
- Enjoy live music with Brass Transit, the world-renowned Chicago tribute band, at Rockbox Theater on Friday and Saturday, May 25 and 26, or catch the Everly Brothers Tribute Show at Rockbox on Sunday, May 27.
- Come and see the newly renovated Pacific Combat Zone and learn firsthand what it was like during WWII specifically in the Pacific. The WWII Pacific Combat Program at the National Museum of the Pacific War runs twice a day on Saturday and Sunday, May 26 and 27. Grab some tickets and see history come to life.
- Experience a family-friendly event with the Ice Cream Social at Luckenbach Texas on Sunday, May 27.
- Don’t miss the Memorial Day Observance at the National Museum of the Pacific War on Monday, May 28, to honor those who have lost their lives serving in the United States Armed Forces. Patriotic music, a presentation of colors, rifle salute and a keynote speech will all be part of the ceremony.
For a full lineup of Memorial Day weekend events in Fredericksburg, click here.