An Artful April in Fredericksburg, Texas MAR 28 2018
The month of April is the perfect time to visit Fredericksburg for an artfully inspirational getaway in the Texas Hill Country. Enjoy exploring Fredericksburg — wildflowers, art galleries, live music and a film festival.
- On Friday, April 6, many of Fredericksburg’s fine art galleries will open early and stay open late while they host show opening receptions, artist meet and greets and demonstrations during First Friday Art Walk Fredericksburg.
- The award-winning Fredericksburg Theater Company will present “Barefoot in the Park” on weekends from Friday, April 13 through Sunday, April 29.
- The Rockbox Theater will feature four shows during the month, including Rhonda Vincent and the Rage, Music of Elton John, Sunday Gospel and a Tribute to Alan Jackson, Brooks & Dunn and Garth Brooks.
- For a special art experience, schedule a private or semi-private “Art and Vino” session at the Yellow Door Studio or attend one of their four Saturday evening painting classes during April.
- Attend the Fredericksburg High School Jazz Festival, which will showcase the Fredericksburg High School Jazz Ensemble and some special guests on Saturday, April 21.
- Experience the ninth Annual Hill Country Film Festival, which kicks off on Thursday, April 26, and brings four days of independent film screenings, discussion panels, filmmaker Q&A sessions and festival parties to Fredericksburg.
- Close out the month with a free PCAA Concert in the Park on Sunday, April 29, at Marktplatz.
For more information on booking an April trip to Fredericksburg, go to VisitFredericksburgTX.com.