Head to Fred for Spring Break 2018! FEB 12 2018
Fredericksburg, Texas is gearing up for a month-long celebration of Spring! Beginning Friday, March 2, Fredericksburg will be hopping with family-friendly spring break activities and excitement.
- Saturday, March 3, through Sunday, March 18, the Lyndon B. Johnson National Historical Park will hold special educational programs at 11:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m., and 2:00 p.m. each day, ranging from learning about the important role of aviation and the US Secret Service played at the ranch, to President Johnson’s environmental and education legacy, to exploring some of the natural features of the park. Texas White House tours will also be offered from 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily
- Saturday, March 10, through Saturday, March 17, enjoy family-friendly, hands-on history fun during the Pioneer Museum’s week-long Spring Break celebration. Enjoy historic crafts, activities and demonstrations – from making rope, to making a knot doll, to stories of the past with costumed reenactors. Note: the museum will be closed on Sunday, March 11.
- Saturday, March 10, head to the Fredericksburg Theater Company for the 4th Annual Car Show and a celebration of the 45th anniversary of the classic car movie “American Graffiti” with food, drinks, live music, and a showing of the movie at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday, March 10 and 11, experience WWII battle reenactments at the National Museum of the Pacific War Pacific Combat Zone.
- On Saturday, March 11, Taylor Mason – a ventriloquist, musician and stand-up comedian will perform his family-friendly show at Rockbox Theater. The 3:00 p.m. show will have music, laughter and the shared experiences of sheer joy.
- Friday through Sunday, March 16 through 18, Fredericksburg Trade Days returns with more than 400 vendors and acres of shopping adventures. Along with great eats and live music, it’s a treasure hunt the whole family can enjoy!
- Friday and Saturday, March 16 and 17, check out the Road Trip Radio Show at Rockbox Theater. Michael Hix & the Holla! will load up the stage with road trip radio tunes like “Route 66”, “Hit the Road Jack” and “Life Is a Highway”. This fun, high-energy family show will be at 4:00 p.m. on Friday and 8:00 p.m. on Saturday.
- Saturday, March 17, Celebrate Texas! at the Texas Rangers Heritage Center. Enjoy historical re-enactments and cannon firing, cowboy poetry and entertainment. Food and craft vendor booths will be on site.
- Saturday, March 17, pull on your cowboy boots for the Luckenbach Texas Mud Dauber Rock ‘n Billy Chili Fest. Enter the Chili Cook-off or buy a chili tasting kit before dancing the night away with live music performances by Billy Joe Shaver and Two Tons of Steel.
- Saturday, March 24, explore Junior Ranger Day at LBJ State Park & Historic Site. Join the staff at LBJ State Park and learn about the Junior Ranger Program and prepare to embark on a journey of the wonderful Texas State Park System.
And that’s just the beginning – for a complete lineup of Spring Break events, click here.