History & Heritage Holiday Events in Fredericksburg NOV 30 2017
We’re proud of our history, heritage and traditions here in Fredericksburg- which is no less apparent during the holidays! Check out these great history and heritage events in Fredericksburg this holiday season:
- Holiday Cookie Decorating & German Traditions – Get into the holiday spirit learning about edible ornaments, wreath making, candle making and other holiday activities and traditions from the early 1900’s during Holiday Cookie Decorating & German Traditions at the Sauer-Beckmann Living History Farm on Saturday, November 25.
- 60th Annual Christmas Home Tour & Market – Tour seven unique homes in and around Fredericksburg decked in their holiday finest during the 60th Annual Christmas Home Tour & Market on Saturday, December 2. Stop by the holiday market at the Pioneer Museum Sanctuary for unique gifts, food and holiday items!
- A Ranger Christmas – Experience holiday fun western-style during A Ranger Christmas at the Texas Rangers Heritage Center at Fort Martin Scott on Saturday, December 2. Meet Cowboy Santa, enjoy wagon rides, caroling, hot chocolate, trick roping and more!
- Kinderfest at the Pioneer Museum – Bring the kids to the Pioneer Museum on Saturday, December 9, for the Kinderfest celebration, including a visit from St. Nicholas, singing, storytelling, craft-making and more!
- 48th Annual LBJ Tree Lighting – Participate in another special Christmas tradition- the 48th Annual LBJ Tree Lighting at the Lyndon B. Johnson State Park and Historic Site! On Sunday, December 17, enjoy carolers, a live nativity, Santa Claus, refreshments, and of course the traditional tree lighting!
- Zweite Weihnachten – Celebrate the German tradition of Zweite Weihnachten or “Second Christmas” with delicious food and drink, live music and the company of great friends and family on Tuesday, December 26, at the Gillespie County Historical Society Social Hall.
- Pioneer Museum Candlelight Tour – Explore the Pioneer Museum complex by candlelight during the Candlelight Tour on Tuesday, December 26. View some of Fredericksburg’s best-known historic structures and enjoy cookies, stollen, punch and more.
For a full list of festive events and to plan your holiday getaway to Fredericksburg, visit www.VisitFredericksburgTX.com/holiday.