Can’t Miss Holiday Celebrations in Fredericksburg OCT 30 2017
Spend the holidays in Fredericksburg and join us as we light up the town! Here are 5 can’t miss holiday events in the Texas Hill Country:
- Lighting of the German Christmas Pyramid & Community Christmas Tree – Watch as our star attractions – a 26-foot German Christmas Pyramid and a 30-foot Community Christmas Tree, one on either side of the iconic Vereins Kirche at Marktplatz – are ceremoniously lit the Friday after Thanksgiving, November 24, and then remain illuminated to become the centerpiece of the town’s decorations throughout the season.
- Eisbahn Outdoor Ice Rink – Kids and kids at heart will love gliding into the holidays as Fredericksburg’s outdoor ice rink – Eisbahn – opens for the season on Friday, November 24, and an all-day pass is just $15.
- Light the Night Christmas Parade & AfterGlow – Enjoy even more twinkling lights at the Chamber’s Light the Night Christmas Parade on Friday, December 1. Bring your chairs and blankets and watch the glittering floats go down Main Street for free or if you want a VIP experience purchase tickets to view the parade from the stands located on Marktplatz. Then take pictures with Santa and enjoy some holiday eats and cheer at the AfterGlow at Marktplatz.
- Holiday Home Tour and Market – View the Texas Hill Country’s most popular home tour, which shows off beautiful, historic homes each one decorated for Christmas, on Saturday, December 2. The Market specializes in one-of-a-kind artisan merchandise perfect for gift giving with distinction.
- The Christmas Journey – Enjoy a 10-minute drive through presentation of the Christmas story on Friday and Saturday, December 8 and 9, at Bethany Lutheran Church, featuring music and effects, live characters and animals and professionally hand-painted props.
- Fredericksburg Trade Days – Make a dent in that looming Christmas list by shopping Fredericksburg Trade Days, Friday, December 15, through Sunday, December 17. Shop over 400 vendors and relax in the Biergarten with some great eats and live music.
For more ideas on how to spend the holidays in Fredericksburg, visit www.VisitFredericksburgTX.com/holiday.