Memorial Day Weekend in Fredericksburg 2017 MAY 01 2017
Fredericksburg is a great Memorial Day weekend getaway. Make memories with your family in Fredericksburg at some of these fun events:
- Shop local farms and vendors at the Fredericksburg Summer Farmers Market on Thursday, May 25. Find local fruits, vegetables, meats, Gulf seafood, cheese, bread and wine, then relax at the picnic tables to listen to live music while enjoying your purchases.
- Chow down at the Fredericksburg Crawfish Festival on Friday, May 26, through Sunday, May 28, at Marktplatz, our town square. Celebrate with great food, beverages, live entertainment and more inspired by the Creole region.
- Dance the night away with big band music and swing dance lessons at the 1940’s themed USO Style Memorial Day Hangar Dance on Saturday, May 27.
- Enjoy live music with the 7 Bridges Eagle Tribute Band at Rockbox Theater on Saturday and Sunday, May 27 and 28. Using no tracks or harmonizers, 7 Bridges faithfully recreates the experience of an Eagles concert from the band’s most prolific period, with one hit single after another during the family-friendly performance.
- Come and see the newly renovated Pacific Combat Zone and learn firsthand what it was like during WWII specifically in the Pacific. The WWII Pacific Combat Program at the National Museum of the Pacific War runs twice a day on Saturday and Sunday, May 27 and 28. Grab some tickets and see history come to life.
- Don’t miss the Memorial Day Observance at the National Museum of the Pacific War on Monday, May 29, to honor those who have lost their lives serving in the United States Armed Forces. Patriotic music, a presentation of colors, rifle salute and a keynote speech will all be part of the ceremony.
For a full lineup of Memorial Day weekend events in Fredericksburg, click here.