An Artful Week in Fredericksburg, Texas APR 24 2017
The first week in May is the perfect time to visit Fredericksburg for an artfully inspirational getaway in the Texas Hill Country. Kick back with a glass of Texas Hill Country wine and enjoy exploring Fredericksburg — an American art destination.
- Start the week early with the 8th Annual Hill Country Film Festival, which kicks off on Thursday, April 27, and brings four days of independent film screenings, discussion panels, filmmaker Q&A sessions, and festival parties to Fredericksburg.
- Friday, April 28, through Sunday, April 30, is your last chance to see the Fredericksburg Theater Company’s performance of the Pulitzer Prize-winning production “Driving Miss Daisy.”
- A number of new art shows open at local Fredericksburg art galleries throughout the week.
- For a special art experience, schedule a private or semi-private “Art and Vino” session at the Yellow Door Studio.
- On Friday, May 7, thirteen of Fredericksburg’s fine art galleries will open early and stay open late while they host show opening receptions, artist meet and greets and demonstrations during First Friday Art Walk Fredericksburg.
For all things artsy in Fredericksburg, visit www.VisitFredericksburgTX.com/attractions-categories/arts/.