Can’t Miss May 2017 Art Shows APR 18 2017
The Texas Hill Country has a long history of inspiring artistic creativity with its pioneer architecture, rough and rolling landscape, expansive skies and native plants and wildlife. In fact, classically trained artists from Dresden, Friedrich Richard Petri and Hermann Lungkwitz, were among the earliest German pioneers to Fredericksburg, in 1850.
Continuing that tradition, Fredericksburg is now home to nearly two dozen art galleries bringing a variety of artists and art forms to the Fredericksburg art scene. Each month local galleries host special themed shows, typically highlighting special achievements and seasonal favorites- like Texas Wildflowers.
Here is a quick list of May 2017 art shows:
- First Friday Art Walk Fredericksburg (May 5)
- Barry Ledoux Art Show at The Gallery at Vaudeville (through May 14)
- “Pedernales Art Round-Up” at Fredericksburg Art Guild (May 4 through May 29)
- “The Power of Form” Art Show at RS Hanna Gallery (May 5 through May 27)
- Damian Lechoszest Solo Exhibition at InSight Gallery (May 5 through May 28)
- “The Colors of Texas” Art Show at Artisans (May 5 through May 31)
- Women Artists of the West at RS Hanna Gallery (through June 3)
For a full schedule of 2017 visual and performing arts events in the Fredericksburg area, click here.
Looking for a more “hands on” approach to your Fredericksburg art experience? Try an art class or take a guided studio tour! The Yellow Door Studio hosts frequent “Art and Vino” painting classes.