Head to Fred for Spring Break 2017! FEB 20 2017
Fredericksburg, Texas is gearing up for a week-long celebration of Spring! Beginning Friday, March 10, Fredericksburg will be hopping with family friendly spring break activities and excitement.
- Saturday, March 4, through Sunday, March 19, the Lyndon B. Johnson National Historical Park will hold special educational programs at 11:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m., and 2:00 p.m. each day, ranging from learning about the important role of aviation and the US Secret Service played at the ranch, to President Johnson’s environmental and education legacy, to exploring some of the natural features of the park. Texas White House tours are also offered from 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday, March 11, through Saturday, March 18, enjoy family-friendly hands-on history fun during the Pioneer Museum’s week-long Spring Break celebration. Enjoy historic crafts, activities and demonstrations – from making rope, to making a knot doll, to stories of the past with costumed reenactors. Note: the museum will be closed on Sunday, March 12.
- Saturday, March 11, head to the Fredericksburg Theater Company for the 3rd Annual Car Show and a celebration of the King of Rock ‘n Roll with food, drinks, live music, and a showing of Jailhouse Rock during the 80’s Spring Break Bash.
- Saturday and Sunday, March 11 and 12, experience WWII battle reenactments at the newly renovated National Museum of the Pacific War Pacific Combat Zone. A WWII field kitchen will also be on display at the Pacific Combat Zone from Saturday, March 11, through Saturday, March 18, and if you’re lucky you may catch the cook finishing up special treats for you to taste!
- On Friday and Saturday, March 17 and 18, Adam Trent – one of the youngest international award-winning magicians in history – will perform his family-friendly magic show at Rockbox Theater, blending dancing and singing with his own original pop music, innovative stage illusions, stand-up-comedy and pure magic!
- Friday through Sunday, March 17 through 19, Fredericksburg Trade Days returns with more than 400 vendors and acres of shopping adventures. Along with great eats and live music, it’s a treasure hunt the whole family can enjoy!
- Saturday, March 18, pull on your cowboy boots for the Luckenbach Texas Mud Dauber Rock ‘n Billy Chili Fest. Enter the Chili Cookoff or get a taste of the competition before dancing the night away with live music performances by Billy Joe Shaver, The Tejas Brothers, Whitney Rose, Ruby Dee and the Snakehandlers and more.
- Saturday and Sunday, March 18 and 19, wrap up your Spring Break during the Fredericksburg Theater Company’s “Celebrating Sinatra” performance with Bryan Anthony, celebrating the music of the legendary Frank Sinatra.
And that’s just the beginning – for a complete lineup of Spring Break events, click here.