Post-Christmas Getaway in Fredericksburg DEC 26 2016
Christmas is over. The cookies have all been eaten, Santa has come and gone, the presents have been opened. So… now what?! Head to Fredericksburg for a relaxing family-friendly getaway and ring in 2017 in the Texas Hill Country!
- A number of guesthouses in Fredericksburg can host entire families and are a perfect way to spend time together- and still get out of the house! The kids may be home for Winter Break but no one will be sitting around with nothing to do. Spend the day visiting any of Fredericksburg’s museums and historic sites!
- Santa didn’t leave you everything you dreamt of under the tree? Find all the treasures you didn’t get for Christmas and more at the more than 150 shops, boutiques and art galleries along Main Street.
- Get it before it’s gone- enjoy a glass of Hoppy Holidaze from the Fredericksburg Brewing Company or a glass of Glühwein from the Fredericksburg Winery while you shop!
- The week after Christmas is also your last chance to take a spin at Eisbahn, our outdoor ice skating rink at Marktplatz.
- And don’t miss all the great activities before the New Year’s celebrations! On Monday, December 26, tour the historic grounds of the Pioneer Museum by candlelight; celebrate Boxing Day at Becker Vineyards and the German tradition of Zweite Weihnachten at the Gillespie County Historical Society Social Hall.
- Then get ready to ring in 2017 with dances, live music and more! Click here to find out more.