7 April Events Showcase Mother Nature’s Show FEB 29 2016
Mother Nature paints the countryside with color during the springtime in the Texas Hill Country. This April, enjoy special events that bring opportunities to enjoy the natural beauty of the Texas Hill County.
- Celebrate the arrival of springtime exploring the butterfly gardens and walking trails at the Nation’s largest working wildflower farm, Wildseed Farms. The Wildflower Celebration will showcase Texas Hill Country wildflowers each day Saturday, April 2, through Sunday, April 17.
- Sip Texas wine and enjoy beautiful scenery during the Texas Hill Country Wineries Wine & Wildflower Trail, Friday, April 1, through Sunday, April 17.
- Enjoy a picnic lunch, view the beautiful Texas Hill Country, and admire the wildflowers from atop a tractor or from the “people hauler” on Saturday, April 9, during the Bluebonnet Tractor Ride.
- Enjoy a style show luncheon and a tour of Fredericksburg’s most beautiful home gardens during Lenz Fest Thursday, April 14, through Saturday, April 16.
- Enjoy a guided nature walk highlighting flora and fauna of the Texas Hill Country on Saturday, April 16, during the Guided Nature/Wildlife Walk at Lyndon B. Johnson State Park & Historic Site.
- Enjoy the three-day Wings Over the Hills Nature Festival, featuring nature talks, butterfly walks and family friendly nature activities at Lady Bird Johnson Municipal Park, Friday, April 29, through Sunday, May 1.
- Lace up your running shoes and enjoy the scenery along the way at Fredericksburg Wildflower 5K & 10K Run/Walk on Saturday, April 30, beginning and ending in downtown Fredericksburg.
And that’s just the beginning of the springtime events scheduled in Fredericksburg and Gillespie County. For a full lineup of spring events, visit www.visitfredericksburgtx.com/plan/events/.