Top 5 Reasons to Have Your Destination Wedding in Fredericksburg, Texas FEB 08 2013
Fredericksburg is consistently ranked as one of the top destinations in the state. Long known as a romantic escape, the Fredericksburg area—with its German history and Hill Country charm—make for memorable weddings. Both for you. And your guests.
1. You can have your dream wedding in Fredericksburg like those featured in magazines and on wedding blogs: Fredericksburg weddings have been featured on theknot.com and stylemepretty.com and are anything but ordinary.
2. No two Fredericksburg weddings are alike. We have a variety of unique venues. For instance:
- Intimate sunset nuptials at a vineyard
- Magnificent affairs in Gothic cathedrals
- Vows at an estate that overlooks Enchanted Rock
- A classic celebration in the historic ballroom of the Nimitz Hotel
- Rustic “I do’s” under a 100-year-old oak tree or on a guest ranch
- Flowery prose at venues that include the flowers such as the lavender fields at Becker Vineyards
- “Shotgun” weddings at iconic Luckenbach Texas
- Weddings at romantic bed and breakfasts or a 1940s-inspired “hangar”
3. Local service providers—your partners in “romance”—will awe your guests, and leave them describing your wedding breathlessly anniversaries from now:
- Stunning floral arrangements
- Divine cuisine
- A delicious sculpture too creative to be simply called “cake”
- Unique overnight accommodations for every budget, including romantic (and secluded) bed and breakfasts for your first night as Mr. & Mrs.
- Wedding favor selections that are singularly Texas Hill Country—wine accessories, peach or lavender products, gourmet chocolates, Fredericksburg fudge, etc.
4. Ideally located in the heart of Texas, not far from two international airports—just a short, scenic drive 75 miles west of Austin and 65 miles northwest of San Antonio
5. The variety of attractions in the area allows guests to enjoy a Hill Country getaway, arriving early and extending their stay to:
- Visit wineries, vineyards and tasting rooms along Wine Road 290
- Shop 150 boutiques and more than a dozen art galleries along historic Main Street
- Enjoy Fredericksburg’s live music scene and legendary dance halls
- Bask in the outdoors at natural wonders such as Enchanted Rock year round, fields of wildflowers in the spring and fall, peach orchards in the summer; or enjoy holiday lights at Christmastime
- Tour history at the “Texas White House,” the Sauer-Beckmann Living History Farm, the National Museum of the Pacific War or the Pioneer Museum
Bonus: Free assistance from the Fredericksburg Convention and Visitor Bureau. You will benefit from personalized service including:
- Free online image gallery for wedding websites
- Itinerary assistance for side activities
- Bid presentations for accommodations and venues
- Planning assistance, connecting you with local wedding planning services
- Guest-pleasing welcome bags
Recently engaged? Start planning now for your “happily ever after” with our Wedding Planner Guide.